who do I contact about job discrimination?

My husband has been working in an office for about 3 years. The new branch manager says he is not "officy" enough, meaning he wants to put a female in his job. My husband started as a service tech, and worked his way up. He has continued his education with company schools and has gone above and beyond his job, helping them in every department there.

Asked By: johnnysboss - 3/16/2006
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If you can prove it. See a lawyer!
Answered By: Dough - 3/16/2006
Additional Answers (3)
Contact the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities Commission)
Answered By: Clockrunsbackwards - 3/16/2006
First, he needs to follow his company's internal complaint policy. Then the EEOC is an option. I'm not sure he has much of a case...that is, you need to provide more evidence than the boss said he wasn't officy enough.
Answered By: Pops - 3/16/2006
The EEOC is a good place to start, but they are slow to act in individual cases, and you may get better results by checking with a state agency. It sounds from your description of the situation like he is not being offered an alternative position in lieu of the one he currently holds. You may also want to contact an... More
Answered By: ndeily - 3/16/2006
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Earn $95/hr Bookkeeping Right From Home. Free Video Explains All!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
(89) Local Jobs Paying $18-$94/Hour- Available Today. Apply Now! jobs

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-306