I dont believe he is bi-polar..What are some sure signs to will let me know that he really is?
There's this person at work that says he's bi-polar, but I don't believe him. I don't want to sound negative about it, perhaps I just don't understand. At work, 95% of the time he calls in sick, or he has car problems, or his child is sick, other child is sick, he is sick, the other 5% he calls to say he is going to be late. Other jobs, he would of been fired by now, I try to mind my own business, but it affects everyone at work. This has been going on for 2 yrs. My boss doesn't do anything about it, perhaps there's more to the story that I don't know about which is why I don't want to sound judgemental or that I'm unsympathetic. He'll leave work early cuz he's got therapy or he's feeling manic. He recently filed for worker's comp too because he supposedly hurt his back at work from lifting something. I feel that he is allowed to get away with anything. Is this what bi-polar is? I'm I wrong for feeling that he is just manipulative and that he knows that he can get away anything?
Asked By: Sydney - 7/1/2006
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Under the Americans With Disabilities Act, your co-worker is entitled to 'reasonable accommodations'. He is entitled to leave work to go to therapy/doctors appointments, for this is a reasonable accommodation. He is entitled to leave work early if he feels that he is about to become manic, which is a smart move for... More
Answered By: Victoria J - 7/1/2006
Additional Answers (6)
A lot of people work the system like that. It makes me mad also. A good way to tell if he's telling the truth is look at his wife or girlfriend. Is she wearing a "I'm with Bipolar" t-shirt?
Answered By: Mr. Smiley - 7/1/2006
Someone who is bipolar has an imbalance of chemicals. It can be treated with medication, but treatment must be monitored carefully because the amounts and kinds of medication may need to be adjusted frequently. Most bipolar people cycle between depession and mania. People suffering from depression often feel sick or... More
Answered By: imzadi - 7/1/2006
It sounds like this person really is bi-polar.
Answered By: cutestuff - 7/1/2006
I don't believe for a minute that this is bi-polar. Sounds more like tweakin with Meth.
Answered By: roskez13 - 7/1/2006
You have to trust him. It's none of your business unless you are a good friend, family member or significant other. quit being a busy body and do your job. in the end, you will be rewarded. every one deserves a chance to work. people with mental illness do have problems, and i commend employers who are willing to... More
Answered By: itskind2bcruel - 7/1/2006
I can't tell if he is Bipolar based on your observations alone. It sounds like something psychological is going on, but I don't know if it is or isn't Bipolar. He could be misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but may have something that is debilitating. Major Depression alone is debilitating. Add mania to that and its worse... More
Answered By: psychgrad - 7/2/2006
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Earn $95/hr Bookkeeping Right From Home. Free Video Explains All!
No Fees! Apply To Become A Mystery Shopper! No Contracts, No Hassle
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Other Career Questions
What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.
Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
2013 Engineering Jobs Outlook
Engineers will find job opportunities in select disciplines in 2013, with candidates who are all-around, client-oriented businesspeople in demand.
Best-Paying Jobs by Major
What could you earn with a particular four-year degree? Find out by checking out this list of the top-paying jobs for 20 of the most common majors.
Eight High-Paying, Secure Jobs
Want to earn a good salary and enjoy a measure of job security as well? Check out these well-paying jobs on tap for fast growth in the coming years.