Where should I look for assistance to finance job retraining due to health problems?

I have Salzmann's Nodular Degeneration. These nodulars cause my vision to be distorted. I see 3 of everything with my right eye and two of everything with my left eye. They are trying contact lens to help me out. It is helping for distance and the in between, but not the close up. I use readers for close up but after a very short time (about 2 hours) I can't read much of anything. I do more deciphering than reading. Currently I am an office administrator- mostly secretary so I do a lot of reading. I'm looking to do some retraining while I can still see. The career I'm looking at I will be using my distant vision and the computer, where I can increase the visiblity. All help will be appreciated.

Asked By: Nana B of 5 - 9/24/2006
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Besides getting scholarships for job retraining, you should become involved with two organizations that can help you with losing your sight. The first is the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation which works with the disabled, and it is a government organization that should be found in the phone book or on your state... More
Answered By: DawnCS - 9/25/2006
Additional Answers (1)
Go ask Alice
Answered By: beejob69 - 9/24/2006
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Work At Home Jobs Make $87/HR, Jobs Seen On TV. Jobs Hiring Now
Over 465 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $15-$80/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-301