I want to help/teach children with autism, what are some jobs revolving around that? or what are they called.?

I already know about being an occupational therapist, but are there any jobs that specialize in autism, or anything, ect ect ect

Asked By: ohcallmejade - 9/26/2007
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Teachers Aides... More
Answered By: Georgie - 9/27/2007
Additional Answers (3)
Speech therapist (school based services), behavior specialist (work with kids who have autism and help teachers address specific behaviors), autism focus teacher, program specialist (work with teachers and oversee autism classrooms), etc...
Answered By: Ruth V - 9/26/2007
The field of Behavior Analysis is wide open at this time. Applied Behavior Analysis is one of the most successful treatments for autism and many in the field are involved. It is a fascinating way to work with autistic kids and most jobs pay quite well... More
Answered By: MissBehavior - 9/27/2007
You can become a teacher, then get a master's in sp. education, or if you aren't into higher education, schools always need aides to help the teachers in the classrooms. There might be 1 teacher and 1-4 aides. Speech therapy has a shortage of people.
Answered By: Sarah - 9/27/2007
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Upload your Resume for free, put it in front of 1000's of Employers
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-317