San Antonio spurs are gonna beat the Mavs if they meet in the playoffs...and even if they don't I still think they'll win the NBA finals this year
1) Tim Duncan is still in his prime which means trouble for other teams in the West. His passing game has improved quite a bit which means he'll burn you when you double team him
2) After last year's NBA Finals performance I think Parker is ready to step up and be a top 5 PG in the NBA. I heard that he is working on his 3 point shot, which is only gonna make him even more deadly and a legit 22-25 point scorer
3) Ginobilli. This guy can come off the bench, he can start, he can hustle, he can play D....this guy can do it all. And oh yea he is really really clutch too. He is the perfect 3rd option for this team
4) Bruce Bowen: He's still got at least one more year left in his tank. He's gonna continue harassing opposing scorers in the perimeter and continue shooting 3 point shots which he is very valuable for
5) Ime Udoka: who?
This guy was in portland last year and was one of the best defenders in the league last year (unfortunately he didn't get that much recognition). He is a stronger and bigger version of Bruce Bowen. He is also a very good 3 point shooter and can sometimes give you 8-10 points a night. He is gonna be mentored by Bruce Bowen to fit into San Antonio's disciplined grind it out game and he might turn out to be a huge asset for the team
6) Oberto/Elson: These guys are the perfect centers for Poppovich. They are unselfish...as in they don't need the ball to produce. They are bangers. They can keep up with any PF/C, they box out, they hustle, they rebound, they defend very well, they run out to contest open shots, they help out on defense. Blue collar guys that Poppovich loves
This team plays suffocating defense and they have a Hall of Famer and 2 emerging primetime players and a bunch of nobodies who do their job very around in this team...their is no question that this is gonna be the BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE
Dirk injured his ankle? Josh Howard playing through pain???
They have an excuse for everything! I mean come on!! I know the high flying fragile Kobe wannabe Wade had David Stern and the refs on his side and went to the line waaaayyyy too many times including in closing moments of the games but he made them make the calls right??? he played hard to initiate the conatact (even though it should be an offensive foul when offensive players jumps into the defender) but think about it, he busted his *** to get to the line...all the mavs did was juss take sissy fadeaways and jumpshots and why the hell do you deserve to go to the line????
Blamin the refs...aarrghh im sick of it! When opportunities are presented to you deliver, instead of complaining about it!
Mavs have been one of the top 3 teams each and every year since 2000 and they have choked every single year
they were young and
7 months ago
7 months ago
Here's some of the players from those teams
2000/01 - Dirk, Finley, Nash, Juwan Howard, Shawn Bradley... okkk young and inexperienced group...acceptable
2001/02 - Dirk, Finley, Nash, Van Exel, Tim Hardaway...ok played well until gettin blown out by the kings in the semi finals.
02/03 - Dirk, Finley, Nash, Van exel, Raja Bell...how the hell did they not win??? almost blew a 3-0 series in the first round against the lowly blazers!
03/04- Dirk, Finley, Nash, Jamison, Antoine Walker, Howard, Daniels, Tony Delk....they just choked here...they should've won it all with this team, but didn't
04/05 - Terry, Dirk, Finley, howard, harris, stackhouse, daniels, dampier (one of the top 3 rebounders that year), van horn....needed time to jel, so couldn't deliver in the playoffs.
05/06 - ok finally was the year and they made it to the finals but couldn't win it all cuz of the pathetic refs...booo...losers...make your shots and then talk!
06/07 - best record..got tired when playoffs came around and got beat by and ol friend who snitched on them therefore its not legit defeat puahahaha
Answered By: Crankin it up - 10/30/2007