My pay check from my job was returned and caused my bank account to have a negative balance?

Can I charge my job for the amount of my pay check plus any returned check fees that occured because my pay check did not go through? Should I get a lawyer if my job doesn't pay me?

Asked By: applebottomerotic - 11/26/2007
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
In MANY jurisdictions there are statutory civil penalties applied to an employer whose paychecks bounce. In some places they can be as high as three times the amount of the paycheck... More
Answered By: rickinnocal - 11/26/2007
Additional Answers (4)
You can try, but they are not legally required to pay your returned check fees. You are not supposed to draw money off of any checks you deposit until they clear... More
Answered By: Downriver Dave - 11/26/2007
I have had this happen with my employer and it is the employers responsibility to pay the fees for a bounced check but NOT the fees for a negative balance because you need to make sure a check clears before you spend the money.
Answered By: iChris - 11/26/2007
first... More
Answered By: Rudy J - 11/26/2007
That happened to me once and I threw a fit and tried to get reimbursed but I may as well spit in the wind. I had to pay the over-draft fees at the bank and then at a couple of places where my checks bounced. I was ready to turn postal almost.
Answered By: Ladybug Kisses - 11/26/2007
Sponsored results
$45/hour Part-Time Job Openings. Requirements: Must Have Computer.
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-209