* Self-employed artist
* Author published her first novel, Heartscape, Naiad Press, 1989. She attended the Women's Writing School, Cazenovia, NY.
* Arts Administrator
Majoring in Women's Studies particularly helps professionals in these fields to learn how male/female interactions affect the business environment, gain an understanding of federal, state, and local equal opportunity legislation, and explore differences in women's and men's managerial styles.
* Small-business owner
* Trade associations (domestic and international)
* Sheet metal apprentice, Columbus, Ohio.
* Department store management.
* Coordinator for Shield Care Network in Albany.
* Employment at Motorola.
Majoring in Women's Studies particularly helps professionals in these fields to become aware of sexist, racist and other biases in textbooks, learn about subconscious classroom behaviors that limit students to stereotypical roles, and explore non-sexist teaching models and curriculum integration.
* Teaching English as a Second Language with Master's Degree in ESL from Hunter College.
* Counselor at Ulster County Mental Health teaches courses in the Women's Studies Program and the Humanistic Education Program. She received her Master's in Professional Studies from SUNY at New Paltz.
* Program advising at Mesa Community College.
* Teaching English, Jackson Community College.
* High school teaching.
* Director of graduate education at a Westchester Medical Center, NY.
* Program assistant for the New Paltz Women's Studies Program.
* Associate professor and certified nurse midwife at Mid-Hudson Family Health Institute, NY.
* Assistant director of the Community Health Center in Massachusetts.
* Educator for Planned Parenthood in Poughkeepsie, NY.
* Chiropractor in San Francisco.
* Women's health centers.
* Reproductive health counselor and education coordinator at the Robbinsdale Clinic, PA, and a counselor at Planned Parenthood. Also on the speaker's bureau of Pro-Choice Resources.
* Community health specialist for Hennepin County, dividing her time between the Pilot City Health Center's Hennepin Community Clinic for low-income people in north Minneapolis and Pilot's clinic at North High School, where she counsels students in family planning and STD testing and treatment.
* Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center.
* Colorado b****t Cancer Project.
* Obstetrics and gynecology.
* Family practice medicine.
* Colorado Business Women's News
* Accounts Coordinator for a public relations firm.
* The staff of Kitchen Table, Women of Color Press.
* Works at Media Action Alliance, where she is the steering director of operation and development. Her duties include grant writing and promoting positive images of women in the media.
Politics and Law
Majoring in Women's Studies particularly helps professionals in these fields to learn how women have been exluded from the political process in the past, examine how women are working to achieve political empowerment today, and explore women's public policy issues.
* Managing attorney for Legal Aid Society of Mid New York, Inc.
* Office manager for an environmental conservation organization in Washington, DC.
* Staff of Arizona Women's Town Hall.
* Public affairs specialist, Illinois Planned Parenthood Council, Springfield, Illinois.
* Staff of Arizona State Univ. Commission on the Status of Women.
* Permanent Commission on Status of Women.
* Lawyer who pushed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to broaden the definition of AIDS disease complex to include a number of infections that afflict women, thus making it possible for infected women to receive federal and state assistance for AIDS treatment.
* Public interest lawyer recently featured in a NY Times story on young lawyers who have dedicated themselves to the cause of social justice.
* Oversees affirmative action in different divisions in NY State Services, including prisons.
* Staff attorney for NY State Court of Appeals, Albany.
* Legal aid attorney in the juvenile rights division in New York City.
* Denver Police Department.
* Women's advocacy groups such as NOW, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, etc.
* Foreign Service.
Social Work and Psychology
Majoring in Women's Studies particularly helps professionals in these fields to explore sexist biases in therapeutic models, gain an understanding of the common concerns experienced by female clients, such as battering, r**e, incest, body image, and self-worth, and relate women's personal issues to the social construction of gender.
* Intake coordinator of a parenting skills group for Orange County Mental Health, NY.
* Case manager for AIDS-related community services for two NY Counties.
* Alcoholism counselor at a county day treatment program.
* Direct care counselor at a residence facility, Kingston, NY.
* Social worker for the Washington, DC. Women's Council on AIDS.
* Social worker and HIV Counselor at a hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY.
* Chemical dependency specialist in methadone treatment at a NY County mental health agency.
* In-patient AIDS social worker leads a support group for HIV positive women at a Bronx Hospital. Recipient of New York City NOW's Susan B. Anthony Award for outstanding service toward women's equality in 1992.
* Colorado AIDS Project.
* Project director for the Hunger Action Network of the NY State Department of Social Services.
* Program coordinator for a Dutchess County agency that provides programs for mentally handicapped adults.
* Supervisor for the Department of Employment, US Dept. of Labor, NY.
* Office manager for Rehabilitation Programs, Inc., NY.
* Assistant director of the Teen Mothers Program, YWCA, Maine.
* Program director of Family House, a residential facility for homeless teenagers in New York.
* Director, volunteer program for domestic-violence agency, Chicago.
* Community and family development specialist, Illinois Coalition for Community Services.
* Vocational counseling with Maricopa County.
* Elderly services.
* Battered women's shelters.
* Excelsior Youth Center.
* Denver Safehouse, r**e assistance and awareness program.
Answered By: Flyinghorse - 1/14/2008