How can a woman get out of an ABUSIVE MARRIAGE?

If the woman has children and no education? (It's not a personal question, just wondering) :-)

Asked By: Jackie - 1/15/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If you are in immediate danger, call the police or get to a safe place. If you are planning to leave, the National Domestic Violence Hotline suggests the following... More
Answered By: junebug - 1/15/2008
Additional Answers (23)
by finding a local church and MOVING OUT. Catholic churches will be especially helpful, some of them even have homes that they provide for abused women, pregnant women, etc. Good luck
Answered By: Corrine B - 1/15/2008
Go to your parents house with your kids.
Answered By: Tim M - 1/15/2008
There are many resources available to you such as public housing, especially if you're being abused. Call your local Department of health and human services and they can give you some options. Good luck.
Answered By: Kathy R - 1/15/2008
google women's shelters. there are all kinds of shelters that will let women and children in, away from the man. they help you build a new life. google them in your area for a start.
Answered By: elbow17green - 1/15/2008
Just walk out... Its that simple.... The state will help you wherever you end up until you get on your feet...
Answered By: Toddzilla - 1/15/2008
well,I would go to a shelter. Maybe try to go back to school and further your education. There is hope! You just have to WANT to get out!
Answered By: ezziriah - 1/15/2008
Do you have a phone? Call the police get a restraining order leave when he is gone and go somewhere such as family's house or a shelter to get your on your feet again. Just because you don't have an education doesn't mean that you can't stand on your own two feet.
Answered By: StrawberryWonder - 1/15/2008
There is an organization in almost every city, they are not advertised. Contact you local police department and they will assist you and your children in getting away from your abusive marriage. Good luck to you and your children.
Answered By: Fred K - 1/15/2008
wow , just reading that makes me hurt... More
Answered By: mary b - 1/15/2008
Local Fire Station will help you find a shelter for women and children. There are a lot of Not-for proffits that help for 30-90 days in vocational rehab and childcare while the newly single mom learns how to take care of her family. Also... Get the abuse documented by you and a friend. In secret. Hide your getaway bag... More
Answered By: Zebrarain - 1/15/2008
By walking out the door with kids in tow!
Answered By: nonameblonde - 1/15/2008
I think one of the most traumatic aspects for anyone in an abusive relationship is the feeling of isolation. Most abused people believe what they're being told--that they're worthless, no one loves them, no one will ever take care of them, etc. It's common for abusers to lead the victim to believe that, without the... More
Answered By: Tikva - 1/15/2008
There are shelters and places that will help women that need it. by staying in that kind of relationship she will die, and so will her children.
Answered By: skibm80 - 1/15/2008
Shelters ....State Aid....Low income housing ..... Check with DHS for finding some kind of training for a job... More
Answered By: TanDan72 - 1/15/2008
just find lawyer
Answered By: farzaneh_sadeghi - 1/15/2008
Hopefully she has friends or family that will take her in or go to a shelter....
Answered By: Mean Carleen - 1/15/2008
she simply needs to go to a legal adviser and rest is advisers job....
Answered By: jessy_bajaj - 1/15/2008
the best thing you can do is get out of their and go to a shelter that will take women and their children or go to your family and see if you could stay a while you can get a job and be able to get on your feet and be the best mother you can be.
Answered By: yesstarfree - 1/15/2008
Yes. Contact an abused women's shelter or go live with a friend or relative. You can take out a student loan and finish your education and it will also cover many things like transportation and housing... More
Answered By: Nebraska Man - 1/15/2008
Ask her parents if she can move in with them, go to a church and ask for help of call a church and ask for help, call a court house and ask for help.
Answered By: kim t - 1/15/2008
It is very hard to leave an abusive marriage, especially when there are children involved. Abuse begins slowly and usually begins by being isolated from friends and family. Then the verbal abuse begins, belittling the wife to the point that she begins to believe she can do no better. Most often there are threats on... More
Answered By: Minister of Peace - 1/15/2008
1. Open the door... More
Answered By: Julius4U - 1/15/2008
To be honest, theres nothing much you can do abut the 'no education' part, since most jobs would require you to have at least one degree. Im a single parent. I had a diploma but it was done back in my home country years ago so i cant make much out of it here... More
Answered By: K - 1/15/2008
Sponsored results
Local Candidates Across DC/VA/MD. Get It Together. Post a Job Today!
Over 482 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $19-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-202