About healthcare in US. How to protect my family from being uninsured if my husband is out of job?

Currently our insurance is Blueshield. If my husband is out of job we'll lose the insurance. Is there anyway to keep insured?

Asked By: atm - 1/18/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Anyone coming off of group medical insurance, must be offered COBRA. It will be more expensive than the premiums paid now, but you can still have coverage without having to go thru underwriting... More
Answered By: pynk_tringl - 1/18/2008
Additional Answers (4)
Yes, you can apply for the program called COBRA. Contact your local Department of Human Services (the same place you would apply for Food Stamps.) Or you can call your current insurance provider to get the contact information for COBRA
Answered By: espozaderaul - 1/18/2008
You can keep it for 18 months after termination via COBRA, but you have to pay the entire premium.
Answered By: engineer50 - 1/18/2008
If your husband loses his job, as long as his employer is subject to the COBRA law, they will offer to let you continue the plan, AT YOUR COST, for up to 18 months... More
Answered By: mbrcatz17 - 1/18/2008
I've heard of some companies trying to fill in this niche of "short-term" insurance. I'd look the internet in addition to learning about COBRA
Answered By: Modus Operandi - 1/18/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-317