babys father doesnt pay child support and abuses the mother emotionally what can be done?

he doesnt pay child support and he constantly calls and abuses the mother emotionally but the mother doesnt have enough money for court to settle to have the kid exclusively? what can be done? he doesnt have a job or do anything responsible. im her new bf and am sick of it what can be done?

Asked By: yahoohelper25 - 2/3/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If they weren't married when the child was born and he hasn't taken her to court for paternity, than he has no rights to the child so she can refuse to take his calls or allow him anywhere near the child... More
Answered By: MomuttsMom - 2/3/2008
Additional Answers (13)
You go out and beat his ass. That is, if you have the stones for it.
Answered By: atheism_and_rats - 2/3/2008
report him for domestic violence report his butt
Answered By: the people - 2/3/2008
If he isn't working and doesn't have a job, I don't see how he can have money to go to court either, so I would tell her to stop letting him see the baby, especially if he's acting crazy and yelling at her. She and you do not have to put up with this crap. Keep him away from the baby, and obviously he's only pretending... More
Answered By: Librawriter - 2/3/2008
Record all conversations he has with the mother. Also keep any threatening/harassing letters or emails. All of that can be used against him later... More
Answered By: catwomanmeeeeow - 2/3/2008
File a police report and try to get a restraining order on him.. Record the phone calls so you have proof... That might get her full custody...
Answered By: Proud Momma of 4 - 2/3/2008
restraining order? move to another state? its not a money issue, it is an issue of what she wants to do about it. go out and look, there is help for anything she may need help with.
Answered By: a face in the crowd - 2/3/2008
call the cops and get a restraining order. if there is no custody arranged then, depending on the state you live in, she has no reason to answer the phone when he calls. keep track of the calls and write down things that are said. if there is custody in place, child support has nothing to do with visitation sadly... More
Answered By: Josh n Kara J - 2/3/2008
get the authorities onto him on the payment & the phone calls. You & your GF concentrade on getting the money for the court. Also join a support group, they may be able temporary home from home (uncontactable), financial & emotional support.
Answered By: peace, man - 2/3/2008
you pay for her then? you give her a safe is her choice you realize to talk to that man on the phone...she could use some counceling too. she has to set her own boundaries as a responsible parent and adult...not your choice that is too bad! You can help her by supporting her emotionally and finding someone... More
Answered By: dukygurl - 2/3/2008
call the police first off, get the sucker in jail. if he is as poor as he sounds he probably won't be getting bail. try to find a lawyer that will do pro bono work. move away, do what you have to. or you may find that YOU have your dead girlfriends baby to raise. that's hard to hear i know, but losers like her ex don't... More
Answered By: ash - 2/3/2008
She is going to have to but here foot down and say enough is enough. Yeah, you can probably beat him up but you don't know what kind of trouble that will cause. I will say change your number and make unavailable to the public and move. If he can not get in touch with what trouble can he cause? The child support issue... More
Answered By: modestymb - 2/3/2008
Stop being childish... if men can't sue women for emotionally abusing them by using their kids as pawns and tools to get back at them then women shouldn't be able to either. If this were in reverse... all the women would say to stop being childish to the father for wanting to sue for something that "petty" so that's... More
Answered By: Love Me or Hate Me... - 2/3/2008
Unless they are married or have gone through court for visitation/custodial rights, she does not have to let the child go with the biological father. It does not matter if his name is on the birth certificate or not. If there is court documentation and she refuses to let the child go, then she could be held in contempt... More
Answered By: bluelights - 2/4/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-305