How do you stop child support?

The child is 19, not living at home, has a baby and a full time job, making good money. His mother says the support does not stop in Indiana until the age of 21. Is this right?

Asked By: cookie - 3/17/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Yeah, mom is right. In Indiana, the age of majority is considered 21. When a cs order does not specify a specific date or age to stop the support, it automatically continues until the age of majority. Even if the child leaves the home and is not legally emancipated, the support still will not stop, in the state of... More
Answered By: snjas1 - 3/17/2008
Additional Answers (8)
In this case, the child support should have stopped at 18. If someone has been paying child support for this person after the age of 18, they might be owed some money back.
Answered By: Fatboy - 3/17/2008
different support orders have different rules. AS a rule unless the child is going to college or technical school it should end at 18. Contact the CYS office
Answered By: wizjp - 3/17/2008
Contact the Family Court.
Answered By: notyou311 - 3/17/2008
Not unless there was back child support and the court figured it to be 3 yrs. worth. I live in Illinois and a woman I know is getting support for a kid who is grow and out of the house and not even in college, but it is back support that wasn't figured in to the monthly. If this isn't the case you need to call the... More
Answered By: Lisa M - 3/17/2008
Look into it......go to their website and search and maybe they can help or have a telephone numbers in which you can call the Child support division there and ask them if it is right or not...Good Luck
Answered By: Happy Go Lucky - 3/17/2008
Most states is the age of 18 but how about, contact your attorney and see what he has to say about that! I don't think it should 21.
Answered By: kiSSës - 3/17/2008
If rearage is owed then no. It could go til the back support is paid. That money is not for the child it is for the parent who supported the child. The child had to eat while the other parent wasn't full filling their part.
Answered By: tikababy - 3/17/2008
Read the original court paperwork. It should have all the stipulations in it. Most Child Support rulings end at 18 (with some adding college) or when the child is otherwise emancipated, which sounds like the case here. Contact the Child Support Bureau.
Answered By: sensible_man - 3/17/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Earn $95/hr Bookkeeping Right From Home. Free Video Explains All!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring now near your local area. Find a job and apply now.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-208