I have 20 years I.T. experience and around 14 years Internet experience.
I've looked at a large number of affiliate software for my own various sites and found only one that covers many of the important requirements and does an excellent job at a very low cost. It is called Post Affiliate Pro (PAP) and this is NOT my software (I wish it was):
They have a free version too.
Some of the advanatages of this software were so persuasive that I bought it a long time ago and use it as the backbone of "all" my affiliate tracking and management.
I say "all" because ne of the great advantages of this software is that you install one copy on any server but can manage an unlimited number of affilaite programs for an unlimited number of domains!
That is huuuuggggeeeee ... you basically buy once and manage as many different products and domains as you wish no matter where those domains and sites are hosted.
Other advantages include:
- multi tier (up to 10 tiers)
- you can move affiliates manually to place them udenr other people. That is a must have coz some people do not use the proper referral ID to register and the referrer may be upset if you don't manually correct this (which you can't with pretty much most systems)
ALso for tracking purposes, you may assign a specific affiliate id to say a link in an article bio or a link in a PPC ad.
That day you may get a lot of registrations "without" the tracking id. That happens because many people remove the ID just to see what happens and if they get anything different.
This happens in as much as 30?f the cases! Again you may want to manually assign these registrations to the id of your PPC ad or whatever that was published that day.
- PAP is the only affiliate software that uses a special method of tracking called falsh cookies. It is much more accurate and credits your affiliates much more precisely, so everyone wins.
- PAP is one of the very few affiliate tracking software that immediately hides the affiliate id so that when the target sales page displays, the aff id is no longer showing in the address bar.
Just highlight this point in your affiliate recruitment drive and you WILL get the attention of many more affiliates. Why?
Because all the good ones are fully aware of how much commissions they lose in most affiliate programs when the id is showing and the customer cuts it out to see if he gets amnything different - again around 30? 35?f commissions can be lost in this way. That is very large and there is statistical proof of that.
- Amazingly, you also get to "source code" so you can integrate it or modify it any way you like to work with any other systems you have or make it do other things that you want. AND they do custmization work for you too.
Question: How many great affiliate software give you the source code?
- PAP gives you graphical stats as well as tables.
- You can run affiliate contest and display the contest leadwers during the contest.
- It is so flexible, you can assign special commission rates for some of the affiliates or for a VIP group of affiliates eg your JV partners.
- And the list goes on ...
Read more about Post Affiliate Pro right ere:
If you find a better software or one as good at a lower cost please please let me know by email. I have searched for this for may years and continually do so.