Is it normal to be kinda bored?
Not sad, but kinda ... almost bored? I'm 23, lived in LA for 1.5 years, have a great job building spacecraft for 65-85K, wonderful dog, no debt, net worth of 65-85K, been to 40 states, europe and asia, skydving, scuba diving, hiking, in-shape (can swim and run my yards/miles), getting a masters,
visited SF, San Diego, and just about 75?f the LA tourist book, including the hole-in-the walls...
i dunno. maybe i just have a difficult time ... bonding with the people i meet? or having a hard time meeting with people i should bond with? advice?
(dog makes me happier, yes. :)
TT : nah...besides LA, i think only NYC would satisfy me culturally, but LA is home for now b/c of the job.
Ms. Emily1: haha...unfortunately, only a few methods exist to earn half-a-mil (most in finance, excluding marrying rich). for my age and situation, i'm good.
lolo : yeah, instead of studying so much back at MIT i should have been partying with the rest of the Boston peeps!!
dana: not depressed. i like my work. it's better than being in debt and busting tables!
gggsby: yeah, volunteering is cool, but it doesn't do it for me...maybe cause I finished my 200 hours of community service back in HS...so i just donate $1-$2k to financially-sound groups (or so i think) and get a tax deduction.
PAULH: counting my gold and experiences puts my whining into perspective. Sure, maybe I'm bored right now, but I've still got it better than the average joe. No poor man ever complained about having too much money, and no 50-year-old regrets not having experienced/traveled less in her 20s. Not directed arrogance, just my way of justifying my life means something.
Asked By: idodgesubs - 3/28/2008
Idod, I'll bet you can find something here___Good Luck
Here is some stuff you might do in the area...
Try these things to see in L.A.---Have Fun----->>>>>>>>>>>>
1.Eat at Pinks or Pinkberry or In and Out burger-In and Out has really good chesseburgers.
Their totally fresh French fries ironically I don’t like because they are too “crumbly”? I like McDonalds crispy French
Fries better (even though they are not fresh and are flash frozen. Pinks is OK but not worth a real long wait. They need to clean up and freshen up the street area a little.
2.Farmers Market at the Grove. Go to Charley’s Café in the Farmer’s Market. Go the closest booth to Fairfax. Charlie and Bob are great. Reasonable food at a reasonable price. Charlie is about a 50 year old female…..
(@ Fairfax and W. 3rd)
3.See a movie at Graumin’s Chinese theater
4.Griffith Observatory, note--reservations now required. The new Oschin Planetarium show is the best part of it.
5.Getty Museum in town off 405 (reservations- NO LONGER REQUIRED) First Class Art of many periods and interesting Architecture. Cool Tram Ride and great city pics if it is not smoggy or cloudy.
6.Getty Villa Malibu (reservations)
7.Norton Simon Museum (Pasadena)
8.Hollywood Bowl concerts (arrange parking first)
9.Walk of Fame/Stars (3 ½ miles round trip<warning—lol)
10.Rodeo Drive, (via Rodeo)-walking Rodeo
11.Trolley tours of star homes, Hollywood or downtown
12.Ivy, Kitson (on N. Robertson) , Hotel Marmont,
13.Santa Monica pier (Pacific Park), Mariasol Mexican Restaurant on Pier ****** and 3rd St. promanade, ride ferris wheel (Pacific Wheel) kiddieland, Ivy by the sea… ii…dinosaur/arbors…
14.Bicycling Venice Beach (you can rent bikes) (street performers, muscle beach)
15.Catalina Island (concerts) (catamaran to Avalon) out of Long Beach or Newport beach..the casino.
service now available out of Marina del Rey (Helicopter Service $150. now available out of San Pedro)*****
16. Studio tour (Universal/City Walk or Warner Bros.)
17.check out Disney, Dreamworks, Paramount, NBC
18. Dodger stadium baseball game
19.Downtown L.A.-Lummis house, Angels flight
20.Club at Hyde, Area, Teddy’s, Priviledge, Les Deux, Parc, Mood
Skybar, Roxy, Tryst, Whiskey (a-go-go), The Spyder Club,
The Viper Room, House of Blues.
21.Beverly Hilton, Trader Vics, Sparkles
22.Beverly Hills City Hall and Fritelli’s donuts (Canon Dr., BH)
23.Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf + Tito tacos (Culver City)
24.Huntington Beach Surfing and Surf Museum
(they spend a lot of time and money on constant activities)
25. Disneyland (Anaheim)
26.Knotts Berry Farm, 6 Flags/Magic Mountain
27.Lebrea Tar Pits and Page Museum on Wilshire @Fairfax
( It’s OK, less interesting than anticipated)
28.Lakers basketball- Staples arena
29.L.A. Open at Riviera Country Club
30. L.A. Equestrian Center
31.Big Bear skiing
32.Palm Springs golf and tram ride
33.River Walk and L.A. River Gardens
34.Eat at Mr. Chow’s or Koi or Yamashiro
35.Visit Zuma beach, pier at Malibu and Paradise Cove
36.Foose Auto Design (See Overhaul’in TV Show) and Huntington Beach boardwalk
37.Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach) and Queen Mary ii
38.Los Angeles zoo (parking site for Griffith Observatory/Hollywood Bowl)
( not up to L.A. standards frankly)
39.Gene Autrey western museum + Travel Town (railroad museum)
40.Hike up Mt. Lee and visit Bronson (Batman) caves
41. USC. UCLA football, LA Colusium or Rose Bowl
42.Petersen Auto Museum (car “rallys” from Huntington Beach) OK,
see the stars cars and the ferarri collection
43.Hollywood Park race track
44.Dana Point whale watching (75 milles south)
45.San Simeon (250 miles north)
46.Huntington library and gardens (San Marino)
47.Hollywood Wax Museum and Kodak Theater tour
48.Drive Mullholland Drive
49.Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum (across from wax museum)
50.Commerce Casino Club, Commerce, CA.
51.Santa Anita race track, and L.A.. Botanic Gardens -Arcadia, CA.
52.Fred Segal (this is mostly for women and gay guys I guess)
53.Redondo Beach and Pier
54.Beverly Hills Hotel, Polo Lounge
55.Bicycle Club Casino (Bell Gardens, CA.)
56.Mt. Wilson observatory-(UCLA astronomy-Cal. Rt #2))
57.Hollywood sign hike and pics, L.A.pics
58.Beach bonfire—monthy special
(free wood and hotdogs)
59.Drive on Pismo Beach-mention u saw this ad...lol
60.Helicopter tour of L.A..(cheaper than you think and cool too)
61.Gondola ride at Naples Island (Alimitos Bay)
62. Renaissance Festival
63. Haunted Hollywood Tour
64. China town, Korea town
65. Rockwalk at the Guitar Center..
66. Graumans Egyptian Theater
67. Melrose Trading Post (Saturdays only)
68 El Capitan Theater
69. Dominator ship wreck hike
70. Tilmann Japanese garden (San Fernando Valley)
71. Little Tokyo
72.Fashion district-(11th St. + Santee))L.A. Fashion week (bargains)
73. Volley ball and tournaments (Huntington Beach)
74. San Bernadino Route 66 classic car show (Sept.13-16)
75. Descanso Gardens (La Canada)
76. Exposition Park (USC)
77. Brand Park/Glendale library
78. Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles Diner
79. Canter’s Deli or The Pantry
80. Museum of Tolerance
81. Eat at Mortons (Pam is closing at the end of the year)
83. San Antonio and Temecula winery tours
84. Lake Arrowhead
85. Malibu ocean kayaking (also at Mothers beach- Marina del Rey)
86. Hike Joshua Tree National Park
87. Horse back riding (in the Santa Monica mountains)
88.Water parks-hurricane harbor, soak city, raging rivers
89. L.A. barhopper mystery bus
90. Mission san fernando, mission hills (north 5/405 intersection)
91. Papa Christo’s Thursday Greek Dinner (pico/normandie) Real Store with restaurant attached. This authentic experience including belly dancer and classes for the ladies won’t last in it’s present shape too long as it is sold out on Thursdays now, it’s inexpensive and Chrys’s Daughter graduates from business school next year and if she has any sense will turn this into something bigger. (butI like it as it is). Make sure to make reservations for the Big Fat Greek Thursday Dinner and not just plain dinner **********
92. Mel’s diner (Hollywood and highland)
93. Bob’s Big Boy—Toluca Lake-Riverside Dr.-(Friday nights only 5 to 10:00)******
94. Marina Del Rey Dinner Cruise-Hornblower Co.
95. Segway rentals at Segway L.A. on 1660 Ocean Blvd.—Santa Monica.-Ask for Gianni or Tresa*****
96. Ford’s Theater (across the 101 from the Hollywood Bowl) smaller shows than the Bowl.
97. Spago-Beverly Hills---Great Wolfgang Puck restaurant, Great service, Great professional waiters, Great food
try the Cobb Salid or Lobster Club sandwich…You might meet Wolfgang…*****5 stars
98. Bob Morris’s Paradise Cove Café—Sunday Morning Brunch…the best food ever, right on the beach if you want.****** (North of Malibu maybe 5 miles—look for Paradise Cove signs)*****
99. MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art)
100. Walt Disney Concert Hall (downtown)—stunning architechture…..
Please send good ideas i have forgotten…Thanks
Answered By: Paris Hilton - 3/29/2008