Thoracic Outlet Syndrome specialist?

I've been battling what appears to be TOS. Right now we aren't conclusive on whether it's arterial or neurogenic. I need a specialist in the issue that practices in the DFW TX area, preferably closer to Fort Worth than Dallas, but I'm running out of time and already lost my job over it, next comes the house. I had a dozen dang MRI's, all unremarkable for degenerative changes to the structures of my spine both soft and hard, atleast at the level of where the numbness would be coming from. Every time we order an MRI it's for a section of spine, my assumption is the radiologist is overlooking elsewhere and only identifying issues (if any) for the spinal section the MRI was ordered for. I had an EMG, a little more painful than the MRI's but still no answers. I've seen two chiropractors, two orthopedic surgeons, two physical therapists and most recently the neurologist for the EMG. I'm getting nowhere fast and running out of time for insurance coverage. I know it's stupid to self diagnose based on the internet's questionable validity but all the symptoms fit and the other day my chiropractor did a Rides(no idea how to spell it, couldn't find specifics) test. It was a test of pulse in both arms at various positions both relaxed and exaggerated. Left arm showed significant restriction when in a self supported above head test. I read TOS can come from auto accidents, which I was in one about four years ago and a combined head on collision impact of about 85mph. Also the most significant symptom commonality was the numbness/tingling in the ring and pinky fingers most common in the early morning hours right before/after waking up. This nailed it on the head because the only time it would ever be numb was right as I was waking up, it was often what woke me up. So, long story short, this is the only real diagnosis that gives any real answers. Now I need a specialist to give me some hard evidence or some relief. Chiro is against surgery, neuro RX'd Neurontin which I found to be no fun, ortho hasn't returned call for a CT, so I'm moving on to a new doctor that won't dismiss me as just out of shape or pressure point irritation. If you don't know a specific doctor that would be best for the situation, atleast tell me which specialty to address the issue to. Ortho? Neuro? maybe Cardio? Any thing, I'm out of ideas and tired of being ignored. I appreciate the answers. I already found the Barnett tower shortly after writing this question, so I greatly appreciate the source info. I failed to mention I'm only 21, so I refuse to accept my body is just getting old because I should be moving in to my prime...not out of it. Thanks again.

Asked By: S T - 10/13/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If there is a change in your pulse and you have been ruled out for having a cervical rib, I would seek the advise of a vascular surgeon. I would start looking at vascular causes at this point. An MRA (not MRI) or angiography might be required.
Answered By: mistify - 10/13/2008
Additional Answers (1)
You are obviously an intelligent person. So I believe you could wade through some medical journal articles. This would help you to educate yourself as to the fact that TOS is a very controversial diagnosis and has even more controversy when it comes to treatment... More
Answered By: Joy S - 10/13/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Complete OFCCP compliance that actually helps you recruit.
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-205