How can I go after my ex-husband for child support but ensure he continues to pay child care?

I divorced my ex-husband a couple of years ago, since then he's agreed only to pay child care expenses for our 8 year old. He refused to get a job to help me more. How do I go about requesting child support but also ensure that he keeps paying day care? Is there a 800-help line number that I should call to get the paperwork started? How can I get legal aide?

Asked By: Demi - 10/17/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Call your states attorney general office and ask for their help. Most states these days go after no pay, slow pay and bad pay for free. They may also have a standard method of updating the payment amount which would be helpful. You will never know unless you ask.
Answered By: ggraves1724 - 10/17/2008
Additional Answers (9)
Your State should have a plan to help you. Try the web for dead beat dads etc
Answered By: Tommy M - 10/17/2008
Take him to court, not only will he be required to pay child support, but they will probably require him to provide health insurance, and at least half child care if not all... but you have to have it court ordered otherwise nothing will get resolved the way you want it too.
Answered By: Okaydokay21 - 10/17/2008
You may not be able to get both. If he isn't making that much they will set a dollar amount for child support that may or may not cover your daycare expenses. They might require an add'l amount to help pay for child care, but they won't make him responsible for the whole bill plus child support.
Answered By: ♦justme♦ - 10/17/2008
If he doesn't have a job then you cant get the money out of him. What will happen is if you have a judgment against him for child support then as long as he isn't working all that past child support will keep adding up along with penalty's. Sooner or later it will catch up with him and he will have to pay you back. It... More
Answered By: ♥♥ LINDA ♥♥ - 10/17/2008
Just remember that him paying child support will be him paying for child care.
Answered By: grandma - 10/17/2008
He has no job? Bill your ex husband for activities instead of child support. If he pays day care maybe he will go for baseball karate classes etc. If he feels like his helping child and not you he will be more accommodating.
Answered By: zooming daisy - 10/17/2008
You file papers in court! He will be required to pay BOTH once you take him to court.
Answered By: 35 weeks with a baby boy! - 10/17/2008
You will need to contact your local child support office to start the process, but be aware that you can't have your cake and eat it too. If he starts to pay you regular child support he probably won't have to continue to pay daycare too.
Answered By: mvngs - 10/17/2008
call your local social services office. they can advise you in great detail . in some states they can intervein for you and make the father pay them and they give it to you. and go after them if they don't pay... More
Answered By: mm - 10/17/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options
The most complete OFCCP solution at a price you won't want to ignore.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-320