I have a son in law who is in the country illegally. What steps can we take to get him papers?

He's a hard worker and provides for my daughter and their two children. It is just hard to be comfortable because there is always the chance that he will be deported. He has to work cash jobs (farm work) because he doesn't have a green card. What can we do and how long does it take? Also, anyone know about what it costs to do all of this?

Asked By: ♥amg nana™ - 11/9/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Prepare for a long process, a lot of paperwork, a lawyer and a lot of money. We spent over $10,000 to get our son in law legal....and it took over 5 years. Open your wallet and prepare to travel a long journey.
Answered By: Bunny D. - 11/9/2008
Additional Answers (7)
He has to return to his country, wait 10 years, and reapply for a visa.
Answered By: mike G - 11/9/2008
He must apply for Canadian PR and then get a Canadian passport.After Canadian passport he will be considered legal in USofA.USCIS is a blood sucker!
Answered By: smurtaza81pk - 11/9/2008
If he came to the country without a visa then he will be not allow to process his application inside of the country. He needs to process his application outside of the country... More
Answered By: Potato - 11/9/2008
Send him home... Arrange for him to go to the embassy and request a green card. If he gets caught, he will lose the ability to come back here for ten years. Bite the bullet and send him back.
Answered By: Joel W - 11/9/2008
Get an immigration attorney. Your daughter will have to prove hardship if he is deported. My friend just completed the process and his wife got her green card. It took a long time and cost about 10,000 in attorney fees. Good luck.
Answered By: ♥♥Cheelicious♥♥♥ - 11/9/2008
I agree that you should contact a lawyer. I also agree that you should start this process as quickly as possible. I am not sure if he would have to leave the Country or not but if he gets caught here before the process has at least started then he will be deported and banned... More
Answered By: Evie B - 11/9/2008
Well you should consult an expert lawyer for defending your son in law. As immigration cases are sensitive ones & a minor mistake can lead to deportation. you can find one here
Answered By: kevinwalker012 - 11/10/2008
Sponsored results
(84) Local Jobs Paying $14-$83 An Hour- Available Today. Apply Now Jobs
(97) Local Jobs Pay $17-$92 Per Hour- Available Today. Apply Now! Jobs
Our Local Jobs Paying $16-$97/Hour-Get Hired Now. Apply Here
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-327