Is my resume too wordy? Where should I make revisions?
Results-oriented Production Clerk with a proven track record in Document Management services within or between departments. Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary. Successfully managed internal relationships ensuring work processes were completed on time, to a high standard and in compliance with strict specifications. Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints. Proficient in entering, storing, and retrieving information on computer-aided equipment. Maintained, replenished and repaired materials and supplies key to business processes.
Colorado Springs Legal Copy, Colorado Springs, CO
Production Clerk (2003-Current)
Read job orders to determine the type of work to be done, the quantities to be produced, and the materials needed. Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation. Operated auxiliary machines such as collators, pad and tablet making machines, staplers, and paper punching, folding, cutting, and perforating machines. Contacted suppliers to verify shipment details. Maintained files such as maintenance records and bills of lading.
• Enhanced ability to discern workload priorities and manage multiple projects with changing needs while acting as the liaison between client and company headquarters.
• Effectively planned and implemented efficient means for production in a timely work flow while ensuring the security of sensitive document information.
• Developed profitable relationships with suppliers, internal and external staff and management resulting in increased production of 25 percent.
Rocky Mountain High Wheels, Colorado Springs, CO
Sales Associate/ Bicycle Technician (2005-2006)
Recommended and provided advice on a wide variety of products and services. Computed charges for merchandise or services and received payments. Assembly of new bicycles. Prepared merchandise for display. Receive, examine, and tag articles to be repaired, cleaned and stored. Repaired, replaced, and adjusted equipment or accessories for custormer fit and performance using hand tools. Align wheels, replace tires and tubes.
• Developed efficient means of active listening to provide excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintained working independently with minimal supervision or as a cooperative team member.
• Mechanically inclined; ability to work well with tools.
Penney J C CO Inc - Department Store the Citadel-South, Catalog Telephone Shopping, Colorado Springs, CO
Credit Associate (2003-2003)
Answer telephones to provide information and receive orders. Keep records of customers' charges and payments. Evaluate customers' computerized credit records and payment histories to decide whether to approve new credit, based on predetermined standards. Receive charge slips or credit applications by mail, or receive information from salespeople or merchants by telephone.
• Ensured the security of sensitive customer information while handling all internal and external calls.
• Assisted sales associates, via multiple phone lines, in helping customers’ access sensitive credit information while researching and resolving customer complaints
Windows, Macintosh, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, IBM AS 400, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe PageMaker, Internet, E-mail, keyboarding, indexing, ten-key.
Asked By: - 11/14/2008