I want to be a person who helps people manage their diabetes whats this called?

I have diabetes and I want to be one of the helpful people who helped me. They helped me plan meals and understand my diabetes and everything. What would I have to do, school wise, and would I be allowed to since I HAVE diabetes? And I can't think of what the professional title of the job is...I just call mine my diabetes counselor but idk if thats the real title. Any help is appreicated! Thanks!

Asked By: cruisecrazy - 11/22/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
The official certification is a "CDE" -- Certified Diabetes Educator... More
Answered By: kridgeway3 - 11/22/2008
Additional Answers (12)
a nutritionist.
Answered By: pretty girl - 11/22/2008
a doctor
Answered By: Robby - 11/22/2008
Extramural nurse. take nursing.
Answered By: justin c - 11/22/2008
They are called a Diabetes consultant or a Diabetes dietitian. I want to be the same thing! it only takes about 4 years of schooling, plus some classes to review and or get educated on a new program, or tool. You would be a wonderful dietitian, you could relate to the person you are teaching or helping, it will make... More
Answered By: Pretty_Girly101 - 11/22/2008
In the hospital I work at we have a lady whos title is "diabetic educator" she is an RN. I dont think you have to be anything specific to teach this you would just have to go to meetings and siminars to keep up to date on new break throughs which as a diabetic Im sure you know there are many every week.
Answered By: ky_ b - 11/22/2008
Hi Merry Christmas... More
Answered By: palemalefriend - 11/22/2008
You could train to be a dietitian like I am, or you could train as a nurse and do your diabetes specialist nurse training after wards... More
Answered By: kiwihelen70 - 11/22/2008
Wow! This is the first YA that has intelligent answers! Lucky YOU... More
Answered By: T-REX Mermaid - 11/22/2008
It is called a Diabetic Trainer, or Diabetic Consultant. They are almost alwasy registered nurses. This is usually required by law, or in some state hospital policy.
Answered By: Gary B - 11/22/2008
Start now - go out and tell everyone you know what you have learned. Go to your community college, or adult education classes from your school board and present your presentation to them... More
Answered By: LABL - 11/22/2008
The specific type of doctor is called an endocriniologist.
Answered By: Anne O - 11/22/2008
a health disease expert
Answered By: canesr0ck - 11/23/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
New job opportunities added daily. Search Virginia jobs now!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-319