What classes whould I have to take to be a Teachers Assistant?

I'm wanting to go Ashford University to get my Associates Degree as a Teachers Assistant. I live in Kansas. I was wondering if anyone knew what classes I would have to take and how hard it is to find a job afterward. What anyone can tell me about it?

Asked By: Tara Elaine - 12/4/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Check the prospectus of the university for professional courses. Professional courses like B.Ed and M.Ed are related to teaching. try to have experience in teaching as a part time tutor or teacher at some institute. These small experiences will greatly help you in the future in getting big Jobs.
Answered By: Neha - 12/5/2008
Additional Answers (2)
I do not know what classes you would have to take for the Associate's Degree. However, I do know that Kansas accepts the ParaPro Assessment. Basically, if you take this exam and pass it then it allows you to be hired on as a teacher's assistant because it tests your knowledge of the subjects you will need to help... More
Answered By: Dharma Queen - 12/5/2008
Most states are starting to require tests. Which I think is a good thing. Most states require at least 30 hours of college. Some are more specific. Check with the dept. of education.
Answered By: MacIke - 12/10/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-214