What do I need to travel out of the country?

I have my passport and am a US citizen. If I wanted to go to France for instance, how long could I stay? What if I'd like to stay there for a few years? What would I need to do? A visa or greencard or something? Help!

Asked By: secretsandroses - 12/21/2008
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
You could stay in France visa-free for up to 90 days. For any longer stay you need to apply for a visa at the closest French embassy or consulate in your country of residency (USA in your case... More
Answered By: t_maia2000 - 12/22/2008
Additional Answers (2)
Go to the U.S. State Department and get a special visa after you give them the reason for wanting to have an extended stay...
Answered By: pootfart3 - 12/21/2008
As a U.S. citizen, you may use the site below and read under "entry Requirements" for any country you want to visit to see if you need a visa or not. if you wish to "live" in a foreign country. rather than just visit as a tourist for a short time, you will ALWAYS need to apply for a residence visa and prove you have... More
Answered By: Charlie - 12/21/2008
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-303