The TaxPayers' Alliance's Top Ten Non Jobs of 2008 are:
- Street Football Coordinator: Moray Council, Salary: £19,887
- European Programme Policy Officer: Advantage West Midlands, Salary: £29,687 - £37,109
- Community Space Challenger Co-ordinator: Southwark Council, Salary: £28,494 - £33,777
- Head of Communities and Partnership: Charnwood Borough Council, Salary: £34,991 - £37,543
- Enviro-Crime Enforcement Officer: Lambeth Council, Salary: £29,241 – £30,774
- Equality and Diversity Manager: East Kent Hospitals University NHS Trust, Salary: £29,091 - £38,352
- Communications and Strategy Manager: Allerdale Borough Council, Salary: £34,991 - £37,543
- Public Affairs Manager: East of England Development Agency, Salary: £40,304 - £45,189
- Head of Participation and Inclusion: Hertfordshire County Council, Salary: £38,729 - £42,197
- Climate Change Manager: Braintree Council, Salary: £34,542 - £38,556
The public sector league table, drawn up by the Centre for Economics and Business Research, is headed by Castle Morpeth in Northumberland, where the state provides 57 per cent of jobs.
However, this total does not include the 6,000 people employed 10 miles away at HM Revenue and Customs offices.
Five miles from Morpeth is Wansbeck, the second most state-dominated borough in Britain with 47.5 per cent of the working age population employed by the state.
And I wonder what this is:
£200.00 per day
The client a Government department is looking for a strong Account Director to manage multiple campaigns, managing the agencies that create them, the creative process and large budgets for mainly direct marketing projects over the next 6-12 months. If you have an integrated background with strong DM (Direct Marketing) then I would like to hear from you, with a view to interview next week.