NO! It helps the economy in many many ways!
1. They pay BILLIONS in taxes every year, and don't claim taxes so all that stays in the system to help many things like Social Security, Medicare, local Schools, and even road maintenance. They pay more in taxes then they use in the little services they are eligible for.
i****************s pay taxes, too
2. They are consumers like you and I. They buy houses, cars, food, cloths, electronics and the list goes on and on. The Hispanic Illegals are part of the Hispanic Buying Power that's expected to reach $1TRILLION by 2011. Now get rid of them, and the economy won't see this HUGE number.
Hispanic purchasing power is expected to reach more than $1 trillion by 2011, according to the Census Bureau and other studies.
3. Their value to the economy is $1.8TRILLION.
i****************s' value to economy? $1.8 trillion
4. They fill the gaps in our labor workforce.
They may be illegal but we still need them
5. And YES! they do the work today's American, and especially their children won't do.
Navarrette: Immigrants do the jobs your lazy kids won't
6. They keep our prices down, not only by their hard work and determination, but also by their spending habits.
When Immigration Goes Up, Prices Go Down
While sudden increases in immigration could drive up the cost of housing and retail items where production cannot be ramped up quickly, Nevo said merchants quickly realize there is more profit to be made by decreasing prices on everyday items: "You decrease the price by 10 percent but increase the amount you sell by 200 percent."