What type of income can you make selling commercial group insurance?
I am considering a career change into commercial insurance sales. I am wondering what the job is like and how well it pays. By commercial the company sales insurance companies buy to cover their assets. They also sell group health, but that is only one area they work. They have about 10 types of coverage they offer, and the group health for employees is only one of those. Sounds like a slightly better situation. Anyone familiar with this bigger picture?
Asked By: memi - 4/3/2009
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
It pays commission - so if you don't sell, you don't make anything. New agents, well, 95% wash out. They can't make $1,000 over six months. The other 5%, they probably average about $50,000 the first year. But it's HARD work, and lots of hours.
Answered By: mbrcatz - 4/3/2009
Additional Answers (1)
Consider this: On average only 15% of new agents make it to 5 years in the business... More
Answered By: james m - 4/3/2009
(89) Local Jobs Paying $19-$97 Per Hour- Available Today. Apply Now!
$21/hr Start, Avg Pay $72K/yr No Experience Needed! Get Started.
New job opportunities added daily. Search & apply for DC jobs now.
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Other Career Questions
What jobs are there in the business field that are night jobs? Places and job titles please. Im have a BA in Business Admin and looking for a night job, already have a morning/day job.
Enumerate these jobs Say, patent application writting. patent application writing. In a company, what jobs are needed to keep confidential?
Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.
Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
2013 Engineering Jobs Outlook
Engineers will find job opportunities in select disciplines in 2013, with candidates who are all-around, client-oriented businesspeople in demand.
Best-Paying Jobs by Major
What could you earn with a particular four-year degree? Find out by checking out this list of the top-paying jobs for 20 of the most common majors.
Eight High-Paying, Secure Jobs
Want to earn a good salary and enjoy a measure of job security as well? Check out these well-paying jobs on tap for fast growth in the coming years.