How easy is it to transfer from Electrical Engineering to be an Architect?
Hi, I am currently a new grad as an Electrical Engineer from a university here in Canada (BSc Major Elec. Engineering). I was wondering what would be the easiest path of transfer from my current job to become an architect? ie) Do the 4 years of undergrad i have completed carry over in any way? Thank you,
Asked By: - 4/4/2009
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
no, you don't have to start over... More
Answered By: nickipettis - 4/8/2009
Additional Answers (4)
From electrical engineering to architecture? Dude...you might as well throw away your EE degree. Gonna have to start all over again.
Answered By: Espresso 305 - 4/5/2009
Check with your university. See what the requirements are for a degree in architecture. You should at least be able to satisfy all the math and basic physics requirements... More
Answered By: goober - 4/5/2009
I would imagine that some of your prerequisites would transfer over from electrical engineering to architecture (i.e. Literature, Humanities, Calculus/mathematics classes, etc). This would leave only your core architecture classes that would need to be completed in order to obtain your degree. Schedule a meeting with... More
Answered By: edtMatt - 4/7/2009
Seems like you are very keen on architect. About 30% of the foundation remains same, learn the other 70%. Probably, you will be a unique Architect by surpassing use of knowledge on electricity into your designs later
Answered By: Cowboy - 4/8/2009
(89) Local Jobs Paying $19-$97 Per Hour- Available Today. Apply Now!
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Work at Home Jobs Make $389/Day. Jobs Seen on TV. Jobs Hiring Now.
Work at Home Jobs Make $729/Day. Jobs Seen on CNN. Jobs Hiring Now.
Other Career Questions
What jobs are there in the business field that are night jobs? Places and job titles please. Im have a BA in Business Admin and looking for a night job, already have a morning/day job.
Enumerate these jobs Say, patent application writting. patent application writing. In a company, what jobs are needed to keep confidential?
Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.
Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
2013 Engineering Jobs Outlook
Engineers will find job opportunities in select disciplines in 2013, with candidates who are all-around, client-oriented businesspeople in demand.
Best-Paying Jobs by Major
What could you earn with a particular four-year degree? Find out by checking out this list of the top-paying jobs for 20 of the most common majors.
Eight High-Paying, Secure Jobs
Want to earn a good salary and enjoy a measure of job security as well? Check out these well-paying jobs on tap for fast growth in the coming years.