If I major in pyschology would I have to do child education too ?

i want to be a child pyschologist what would i have to major in? And would I be able to minor in creative writing or journalism? Also, what university would help me accomplish this? Please Help Me.

Asked By: jackiee - 11/5/2009
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Do you plan on publishing your work? You're better off minoring in something else that would work more toward your career. Don't get me wrong, taking writing would help you to publish your findings, but at this point it's a waste. The only audience your work will find is your colleagues and they are a very non-... More
Answered By: matt m - 11/5/2009
Additional Answers (3)
You'll need a Ph.D. if you want to be a psychologist... More
Answered By: michele - 11/5/2009
It would depend on your college. Some offer a major in psyc with an option in child psych. And sure you could minor in anything you want and just major in general psych. Just rememer just about every job in psych requires at least a master degree so your main focus should be on getting really good grades to get into... More
Answered By: Ryan - 11/5/2009
You will need to do your major in psychology, and a minor in whatever. To work as a psychologist, you will need to complete either you masters or Ph. D. What you do this in depends on what field you want to work in (clinical, educational, developmental etc... More
Answered By: Jasmine - 11/5/2009
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Complete OFCCP compliance that actually helps you recruit.
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-302