How to join cirque du soleil as foreigner?
Educational qualification, career path, something like that,.
i googled in regard to career path, what i found below..
Projection and Multimedia: Click here and enter our pool of candidatesSHO06223
We invite you to discover the various jobs opportunities we have to offer and encourage you to share your profile in order to enrich our pool of candidates. Our recruiters will contact you as soon as a position that matches your qualifications becomes available.
For a glimpse of the exciting challenges offered by the Projection and Multimedia team, please take a look at its different job opportunities and find the challenge that will put your talent and skills to the test!
◦ Head of Projection
◦ Lead Projection Operator & Systems Specialist
◦ Projection Technician
◦ Project Manager - Projection/Multimedia
By joining our Projection and Multimedia team, you will diagnose and recommend solutions should any of the components malfunction, as well as ensure adherence to the projection design in collaboration with the Designer and the Director, while ascertaining focus and cueing functions to preserve the artistic integrity of the design.
You may also be required to:
◦ Operate projection equipment during the show and rehearsals, as well as maintain the systems;
◦ Uphold all archives and records necessary for the upkeep of the system;
◦ Work with the Lighting Team to develop and maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
◦ Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
◦ Develop a thorough knowledge of all Projections department equipment specific to the production in order to operate equipment safely;
◦ Participate in special projects, including the installation of new projection show elements.
By joining our Projection and Multimedia team in Production, you will plan and monitor schedules, conduct feasibility analyses and ensure the technical design of the equipment to be manufactured or acquired based on the standards and criteria required by the designers, and on other production requirements.
You may be required to:
◦ Write clear and concise requests for quotes that include specifications the supplier is required to adhere to;
◦ Ensure specifications, costs and delivery deadlines are respected by suppliers through regular communication and supervision of targeted milestones;
◦ Be involved in installation, acceptance testing and final approval of all equipment in conjunction with operations staff providing them with clear acceptance criteria;
◦ Be creative and flexible in sourcing materials, suppliers and manufacturers in line with budgetary demands and timelines;
◦ Coordinate work with other project managers in the Production team (ex: lighting, rigging, etc.);
◦ Install the projections system; program and document the show specifications;
◦ Transfer knowledge to the Operations team.
You will need the following attributes for your profile to be considered:
◦ Diploma in Electronics or Theatrical Lighting Systems, or relevant experience;
◦ Minimum of 3 to 7 years of experience with video technologies, according to the position;
◦ Experience with PC & MAC hardware set-up and administration, large format video projectors, video cameras, hardware and software video capture, editing and compression experience;
◦ Minimum of 3 years of experience in interactive visual technologies and stage performance;
◦ Experience with digital video formats including DVI, HDMI, fiber optics and HD-SDI;
◦ Working knowledge of MIDI and DMX and proficiency with computer network systems (TCP/IP, UDP, layer 3 switches firewalls, wireless protocols);
◦ Fluency in English, both written and spoken; French is an asset;
◦ Available to travel and work in foreign countries, according to the position.
◦ Diploma of College Studies in Scene Technologies or equivalent training;
◦ Minimum of 8 years of experience in projection, multimedia, video or interactivity, including 5 years as a Project Supervisor or Technical Director;
◦ Experience with PC hardware set-up and administration, large format video projectors, video cameras, hardware and software video capture, editing and compression experience;
◦ Theater experience with large-scale productions and experience with media server;
◦ Experience with creation process of new productions, according to the position;
◦ Working knowledge of MIDI and DMX, of full Adobe Graphics suite including After Effects and proficiency with computer network systems;
◦ Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2008 software is an asset;
◦ Computer literate in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel Outlook, MS Project, etc.);
◦ Fluency in English and French, b
Asked By: - 1/3/2010