How to get tax back from my second job?

Ok so I had a job going through uni that wasnt taxed at all then when I graduated I got a second job and am working them both. However I am taxed heavily on the second job, its almost a quarter of my wages that go on tax although I haven't earned the minimal requirement to be taxed. How do I get my money back and stop them taxing me.

Asked By: MooMoo - 2/20/2010
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Contact tax office, and ask for your personal tax-free allowance of £6475 to be split between your jobs. You will then have two code numbers, which added together will be 647. One will have an L suffix, the other a T. Staff will ask about your earnings levels and dates of commencement, and advise you of the best split... More
Answered By: steffi - 2/20/2010
Additional Answers (2)
You need to ring the tax office which deals with the first job and ask them to allocate your tax free allowances across both jobs in the most beneficial way to you. Unless you tell them, they dont know!
Answered By: fengirl2 - 2/20/2010
You need to call your tax office. You can put in a claim for any overpaid tax (it can take a while to get this back though) and they can give you a new tax code so that you don't pay any more. R
Answered By: purest - 2/20/2010
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Local Positions Open in Your Area. Hiring Now - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Complete OFCCP compliance that actually helps you recruit.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-206