How do I report my income self employed?

After being laid off I more or less accidentally became self employed by doing work for individuals while I searched for a job. Now I am wondering how to report that income because after looking at a 1099, it doesn't seem to fit right. For example it asks for both parties social security number and I don't ask my clients for there social security number nor do I feel comfortable doing that in my business. I do keep records/receipts signed by customers as well as mileage but I don't know how to report any of this.

Asked By: Ayron - 4/8/2010
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
You report your business income and expenses on Schedule C or C-EZ. If the net profit is $400 or more, you attach Schedule SE to calculate the self-employment tax... More
Answered By: Bostonian In MO - 4/8/2010
Additional Answers (3)
Schedule C. You will need the 1040 (long form) and, most likely, Schedule SE.
Answered By: Wayne Z - 4/8/2010
that is Sch C and probably SE, both can be found at also you might request a publication 34 from that site as well, it will help you with your business questions
Answered By: tro - 4/8/2010
A 1099 is something someone you did self employed work for might GIVE you, not something you fill out for income you received. To report the income, whether you got any 1099's or not, it goes on a schedule C or C-EZ. You'll also need schedule SE, and a 1040 form.
Answered By: Judy - 4/8/2010
Sponsored results
$45/hour Part-Time Job Openings. Requirements: Must Have Computer.
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-215