my partner wont help me claim tax credits?

We are really struggling with childcare costs and he refuses to give me his national insurance number so I can claim. He says we should try and manage as he doesn't want hmrc snooping and finding out he owes tax. What shall I do? Claim as a single parent? Or tell hmrc I don't know his national insurance number? Will they process a claim without it?

Asked By: - 5/18/2010
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If the guy owes tax they will, sooner or later, catch up with him. If he is working or drawing benefits he has to use his NI number. The only way he can avoid that is to work for cash in hand, paying neither tax nor NI... More
Answered By: Michael B - 5/18/2010
Additional Answers (2)
Ask him what he has to hide. I he behind with his tax payments and he's scared they will hit him with a big bill? Explain to him that you are entitled to the tax credits, its payments for your kids and you need it so you should not be denied the right to claim it - for their sake.
Answered By: cherrydreamcatcher - 5/18/2010
If his personal worries come before providing for his children then you have more to worry about than just money! There is some reason why he doesn't want to involve the revenue, and that would seriously concern me. Without his NI number there is little you can do, but if I were you I would fill in the forms and send... More
Answered By: Cala - 5/18/2010
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-309