While I am an allied health recruiter I am not involved in this niche. This was an interesting question to research.
These seemed like the largest 2 'groups' in the USA/best(most suggested sites). Start here talk to these people, build a network, get rapport, make friends ask questions.
Join linkedin.com - do the same there. This is the worlds largest and best professional networking site no question.
This is random information from a few sources I am sure you might have known, I did not:
* Health Promotion: Kinesiologists working in the health promotion industry focus on working with individuals to enhance the health, fitness, and well-being of the individual. Kinesiologists can be found working in fitness facilities, personal training/corporate wellness facilities, and industry.
* Clinical/Rehabilitation: Kinesiologists work with individuals with disabling conditions to assist in regaining their optimal physical function. They work with individuals in their home, fitness facilities, rehabilitation clinics, and at the worksite. They also work alongside physiotherapists.
* Ergonomics: Kinesiologists work in industry to assess suitability of design of workstations and provide suggestions for modifications and assistive devices.
* Health and Safety: Kinesiologists are involved in consulting with industry to identify hazards and provide recommendations and solutions to optimize the health and safety of workers.
* Disability Management/Case Coordination: Kinesiologists recommend and provide a plan of action to return an injured individual to their optimal function in all aspects of life.
* Management/Research/Administration/Health and Safety: Kinesiologists frequently fulfill roles in all above areas, perform research, and manage businesses.
Registered kinesiotherapists are employed in Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, public and private hospitals, medical fitness facilities, rehabilitation facilities, learning disability centers, schools, colleges and universities, private practice, and as exercise consultants.
I apologize I do not recall the source of this list. It is also not presented very well. It was a little difficult for me to copy, paste, edit and polish up for you to understand. General titles, Groups or colleges who might hire:
Adated Physical Activity,Aqutic Director,Athletic Trainer,Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
Epidemiologist,Sport Psychologist for Performance Enhancement
Sports Information Director,Sports Officiating,Strength & Conditioning Coach,Adapted Physical Activity,Aquatics Director,USA Swimming,Athletic Trainer,National Athletic Trainers Association,American Society of Biomechanics,International Society of Biomechnics,Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist,American Association of Cardiovasular and Pulmonary Rehabilitationt
Chiropractic Physician,American Chiropractic Association,Coaching College,National High School Coaches Association,NCAA,Director of Youth Camps/ Sport Programs,Boys and Girls Club of America,YMCA,Epidemiologist ,Physical Activity and Nutrition,Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System,Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System,Exercise Physiologist,American College of Sports Medicine,American Society of Exercise Physiologists,Fitness Instructor or Program Director at Commercial Fitness Center - Program Director of Corporate Fitness Center - Sports Director at Resort,Iternational Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association,Massage Therapist,American Massage Therapy Association,Medical College Admission Test,American Medical Associatio,Personal Trainer,IDEA Health and Fitness Association,American College of Sports Medicine,Cooper Institute,Physical Education Teacher at School or College
AAHPERD,National Association for Sport and Physical Education,PE Central,,PE4Lif,American Physical Therapy Association,Professor of Kinesiology, Physical Education,AAKPE Doctoral Programs in Kinesiology,Recreational Therapist,American Therapeutic Recreation Association,American Academy of Nursing,American Nurses Association,Respiration Therapist,American Association of Respiratory Care,North American Society for Sport Management,Sport Psychologist for Performance Enhancement,American Psychological Association,Association for Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology,College Sports Information Directors of America,International Association for Sports Information,North American Society for Sport History
Answered By: Tony S - 6/14/2010