Biblically and/or spiritually speaking: what are your views on the following social issues and why?
1. socialism 2. outsourcing 3. affirmative action/equal opportunity 4. welfare 5. universal healthcare
Asked By: Lafla - 7/26/2010
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
1. socialism -- depends on how it's done. I call myself a socialist, but I don't favor the same kind of socialism as Hitler claimed to promote, or Stalin... More
Answered By: Andy F - 7/26/2010
Additional Answers (11)
1. Socialism kills freedom. 3. Equal opportunity exists when the American Constitution is followed properly. 4. Welfare, it makes the person dependent- kills their freedom. 5. It's socialism, and socialism realistically doesn't work.
Answered By: danibel - 7/26/2010
All of those would not be big issues at all if we were not overpopulated and over consuming.
Answered By: Old Man from Scene 24 - 7/26/2010
1: against. 2: against. 3: against/for. 4: for, for those that need it on a temporary basis, not as a lifestyle. 5: against.
Answered By: Iron_Plague - 7/26/2010
I believe in Universal Healthcare; the rest of the issues I don't know, I'll leave it up to others to figure out. WWJD?
Answered By: Bridge - 7/26/2010
1. It has good intentions, but carrying the actions out makes it iffy to many people. 2. I'd say a balance is needed. People in other countries need money, too. 3. No-brainer. Should be a given. 4. Keep it. People need SOME money for food and shelter. 5. Get it ASAP in America. We need it badly.
Answered By: ♣Älmighty Ätheist♣ - 7/26/2010
My view is that no man has the answers but that when Jesus returns He'll make it right.
Answered By: pward3664 - 7/26/2010
1. Socialism is a nice idea for making the world better for the poor, but if everyone is equal then there is no reason to work hard or do better... More
Answered By: JC - 7/26/2010
None of these things have, in themselves, biblical or spiritual ramifications... More
Answered By: enginerd - 7/26/2010
1. It means well, but idk... More
Answered By: Joshua - 7/26/2010
1. Socialism was practiced by the early churches and it tends to be a problem for purely capitalistic economies. Ultimately it comes down to what a society is willing to pay for and how it intends to fund it... More
Answered By: Pirate AM™ - 7/26/2010
1. Usually gets corrupted, and turned into a form of state capitalism... More
Answered By: sparky_dy - 7/26/2010
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.
Other Career Questions
What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.
Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
2013 Engineering Jobs Outlook
Engineers will find job opportunities in select disciplines in 2013, with candidates who are all-around, client-oriented businesspeople in demand.
Best-Paying Jobs by Major
What could you earn with a particular four-year degree? Find out by checking out this list of the top-paying jobs for 20 of the most common majors.
Eight High-Paying, Secure Jobs
Want to earn a good salary and enjoy a measure of job security as well? Check out these well-paying jobs on tap for fast growth in the coming years.