The Sun sign like "Cancer" is your avatar, what you'll be known by because of the date and the month you were born.
The Moon rules your emotions and when it hits you, you could be moody. On the other hand this planet increases intuition and your desire to connect with others on a feeling level.
Mercury is the planet of communication. If you don't believe me just try having a brief conversation with a Gemini. It makes no difference with Mercury. Writing or speaking this planet has got to move information.
Venus is the planet of pleasure and makes things easier, or it could make you lazier.
Mars means action, energy, agression and sometimes this can manifest as arguements, but without the action energies of this planet - nothing ever gets done.
Rising is your 1st House. The Ascendant (or rising sign) is often considered the mask one wears when meeting others. Perhaps it is most aptly thought of as the automatic responses to one's environment. The Ascendant shows our natural defenses and how we cope with day-to-day issues. The energies of the sign and condition of the Ascendant are most overt and obvious to others. The Ascendant shows an individual's first, natural reaction to new people and situations.
Midheaven is your 10th House. There's 12 houses;
- The First House shows your outward character traits. Any planet in the first house will give you the traits of the sign that this planet rules.
- The Second House shows the state of your money and possessions, the things that you value, including your sense of self worth.
- The Third House corresponds to the sign of Gemini, so it shows your style of communications, "short" trips (not requiring an overnight stay), brothers and sisters, and everything in your immediate environment, including neighbors.
- The Fourth House shows your home and how you tend to act there. It also shows relationship with the parent of lesser influence, usually the father, the first few years of your life, and, paradoxically, the last years of your life, what we become as we get older.
- The Fifth House is love and romance, children and creativity, sports and games, gambling and speculation, in short, the house of fun!
- The Sixth House shows HOW you work, not your career. That is governed by your tenth house. If the job you have is shown by your sixth house, well then it’s just a job, not a career. It also "rules" co-workers and subordinates. The sixth house indicates the quality of SERVICE you give to others as well as the quality of service they give to you, so this house rules, by extension, servants of all sorts. The other thing to look for here are conditions of health, the type of ailments to which you are prone.
- The Seventh House is the section that shows what your partners and partnerships are like. However, it goes beyond that. It also deals with everyone whom you approach as an equal, including open enemies ("hidden" enemies are shown by the twelfth house).
- The Eight House is Sex. Well, what you might call "biological energy"(just a metaphor, folks; don’t take it literally). Sex is just one possible outlet. This house shows one’s sexual tastes. The fifth house is romance. The eighth house is more physical and basic. House eight also shows the effect of social rules ( the rules of the society or social group you belong to) on you as well as the effect you can have on the values of those around you. It also indicates the access you may have to other people’s money and resources.
- The Ninth house rules long journeys (those requiring an overnight stay), "higher" education (high school and above), religion (or the lack of it), philosophy, in other words, the principles we are raised with, our view of the universe, our ability to deal with general principles.
- The Tenth House indicates one’s career tendencies, public image (as opposed to private image), the parent of greater influence (usually the mother), and people who may have power or authority over you (bosses, judges, etc.). Yes, planets IN this house affect the career. So does the SIGN at the beginning (the cusp) of the house, as well as the RULING PLANET of that sign. But what most books ( and all too many astrologers!) don’t tell you is that the aspects (angles) that the Mid-Heaven (which begins the tenth house) forms are absolutely critical in determining the best career areas. We will get to that later in the lesson on ASPECTS. For now, here are the influences of the planets in the tenth house.
- The Eleventh House is friends, hopes and wishes. But it goes beyond that. House number eleven also shows how one can deal with groups of people, so it has some relation to business affairs as well. Also, since this is the second house from the tenth, it can indicate money directly earned from career matters. The second house, however, is still the one that shows total income from all sources. It is possible, for example, to have a strong eleventh house, meaning that the income from career is excellent, but have a weak second house which would mean you couldn’t hold on to the money.
- The Twelfth House has a terrible reputation. It is here that astrologers look to find restrictions, hidden enemies (as opposed to open enemies, shown by the seventh house), psychological problems, and of course the killer --- self undoing, the tendency to do ourselves in. Any planet in this house represents something we are hiding from the world, and, frequently, from ourselves as well. Of course knowing about a problem is the first step to deal with it. The vast majority of horoscopes that I’ve seen with several planets in the twelfth house belong to sensitive, caring people who put up with a lot garbage from others. The rest are horoscopes of serial killers and mass murderers.
Answered By: (♀♊☉3D)(♌☾)(♒☊)(♊☿)(♊♀)(♓♂) - 10/9/2010