Solutions to job loss and displaced workers?

Hello. I am writing an essay on poverty among displaced workers. The only part I am having trouble with is writing a paragraph on solutions to this problem. I am wondering if anybody can provide me with ideas or links that describe solutions to poverty among displaced workers, or even just how the problem of Americans losing jobs can be solved. I have already added in the idea of reducing the outsourcing of jobs. Any other advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Asked By: - 12/16/2010
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Research the Brazilian economy. They were recently in a hole similar to ours, but pulled themselves out. Now they are doing great-in fact, they may now be 5th in terms of world economy. 60 minutes did an episode on this this past Sunday, so you could look at that or, at least, read about it. Good Luck... More
Answered By: frankie - 12/16/2010
Additional Answers (1)
Use the 80/20 principle. 80% of what a citizen buys should be made in his home country, the other 20% can be imported. Any country that follows that principle prospers greatly (look at Germany). Anyone who doesn't ends up with the kind of situation now being faced by USA, UK and many other western nations...
Answered By: Tolemac - 12/16/2010
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Local Positions Open in Your Area. Hiring Now - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-306