I have an Accounting Clerk Diploma,and Im interested in doing Income tax for people at home.How would i start?

So basically when I took my Accounting Clerk diploma their was a chapter with basic tax information. I am interested in starting to do Income tax for people from my home. Would i need an income tax certificate? And would I need some sort of authorization to do this type of thing without the goverment knowing? I just dont know how it works. Please let me know. Give me some accurate answers! Thanks alot

Asked By: Kitty - 1/13/2011
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
I don't think you've had enough education in tax, but some people learn on their own. If you have enough knowledge to be successful then go for it. However, I doubt you do. You should get a Preparer Number from the IRS (a PTIN) that you have to report on every tax return that you get paid to prepare... More
Answered By: Girl - 1/14/2011
Additional Answers (2)
ONE chapter on income tax? that isn't going to be enough to help you in my bachelors degree for Accounting I took two entire courses in Tax accounting (USA) contact the government - you might need to pass some kind test to prove you are knowledgeable and get licensed
Answered By: Zarg222 - 1/13/2011
mere accounting clerk dip will not do, you can file tax returns, for some sort of authorization you need chartered accounting base
Answered By: komalgopalan1955 - 1/13/2011
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Earn $95/hr Bookkeeping Right From Home. Free Video Explains All!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring now near your local area. Find a job and apply now.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-313