How does one become home care providers for older adults and disabled individuals?

I want to open a bussines to provider home care services for older adults and disabled individuals. Where should I start?

Asked By: Shahab - 1/17/2011
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Have you ever done the work yourself? I would start there. Get a job as a assistant or group home manager so you know what is really involved. Than get a degree in business, because bottom line it is a business and needs to be run like one.
Answered By: Teddy & Chiliswoman - 1/17/2011
Additional Answers (2)
Teddy gave you correct answer. I wish to add the best person you could ask is your own doctor. He can tell you what is needed and where it's needed.
Answered By: Strange Brew - 1/17/2011
first of all you have to get your feet wet and do what home care providers do for older adults (it's a lot harder to work with disabled individuals and you have to be both educated and trained in that) so I suggest you take a temporary position with one of those companies. The work is temporary, short days, low pay... More
Answered By: sophieb - 1/17/2011
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-207