What kind of nursing degree do you need for a school nurse, or doctors office nurse?

I've always wanted to be a doctors office nurse or school nurse, but im concerned about going through nursing school. What kind of nursing degree do you need for these jobs? It doesn't make sense to me that you would need the same kind of degree an emergency room nurse, or surgeon nurse would need.

Asked By: - 4/26/2011
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
A school nurse needs to be an experienced RN with an additional "school nurse" certification (additional training). There are not too many of these jobs around, as there are just not thousands of school nurses. And BTW/ all nurses get the same education, whether they are a doctors office nurse or a surgical or ER... More
Answered By: Diane A - 4/26/2011
Additional Answers (3)
LPN, or RN should do it
Answered By: Moh - 4/26/2011
First get your Bachelor's Of Science degree in Nursing which should usually take 4 years. Then after that you have to get your Master's Degree in Nursing as a School Nurse Educator :) So you need a master's degree. If not that, you can aim for a master's in either Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse... More
Answered By: Applejaxx228283 - 4/26/2011
Visit this site for more info
Answered By: jacqueline - 2/4/2014
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
New job opportunities added daily. Search Virginia jobs now!
Local Positions Open in Your Area. Hiring Now - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-310