Some of the answers given here are embarrasing.
You don't need to have capital. You can do what all wealthy people from J. Paul Getty, to Donald Trump do - use other people's money or OPM as it is described in "Think & Grow Rich," by Napoleon Hill.
Those with the money will benefit from OPI (Other People's Ideas) - yours in this case.
You need Contacts, Resources, and Mentorship.
While I highly recommend the book, there is an organization that will help you. It is the oldest and largest organization in the world based on the very same principles and will provide you with the contacts, the resources and the mentoring that you will need, including capital.
CEO Space is the world's oldest, largest & most successful network for CEOs, Entrepreneurs and Visionary investors.
CEO Space is an entrepreneurial training and world class business networking organization, providing MBA-level training and development and an immersion experience of cooperation that results in income acceleration through exponential business growth.
CEO Space was founded by Berny Dohrmann, whose father was a mentor to Walt Disney, Napoleon Hill, Buckminster Fuller, Jack Kennedy, W. Edwards Demming, Earl Nightingale and many others.
For the last thirty years, Dohrmann, whom the media refers to as "The Millionaire Maker" has been known as "Coach of the Coaches" ...Anthony Robbins, Mark Victor Hansen, Jack Cannfield, Lisa Nichols, Robert Allen, John Assaraf, Loral Langmier, Jay Abraham, Alex Mandossian, T. Harv Ecker, John Gray, Bob Proctor, Robert Kiyosaki, Les Brown and just about any other big name you can think of, including Founding Partners from elite consulting firms, Accenture & Booz Allen, as well as head execs at companies like Starbucks, Nokia, Memorex, HSN, 3M, AT&T, ConocoPhillips, and many more. He is now counseling the United Nations and many foreign nations with regard to turning around the global economic crisis via Cooperative Capitalism.
About a third of the members are investors, including millionaires & billionaires. In just 5 meetings in 2009, CEO Space generated over $3 Billion Dollars in funding for its members, while all the banks and venture capital firms were sitting on their hands. We did it again, during 2010.
Investors love CEO Space for four main reasons, among many....
1) Anonymity & Ability to get to know the principals intimately.
2) More quality deal flow in one place than anywhere on earth.
3) The opportunity to mentor and be mentored, no matter what level of one's stature.
4) The member companies are in a place where they have a lifetime membership with no annual dues and can get on-going advisement from the top business minds in the world.
Some of the success that you've heard of that CEO Space members have been responsible for include:
- The Cloud
- RIMM's Blackberry software Obama
- Microsoft's Lead Developer
- Chicken Soup for the Soul
- The Old Speghetti Factory
- The Secret
- The Oprah Winfrey Show
- "The View"
- 911 Locator Systems
- Bugle Boy Jeans
- Robert Kiyosaki's (Rich Dad/Poor Dad) "Cash Flow"
- Green Glider
- PrePaid Legal
- Magic Fountain
- The first all green city on the planet
- Prolong Super Lubricants
- The Old Spaghetti Factory
- The T.E.N.S. Unit
- The current #1 Pet Product
- The current #1 Education product
- The current #1 Automotive Product
- The current #1 Saftey Product
- The current #1 Music Product
- Hundreds of best-selling authors
- Emmy & Grammy Winners
- Leaders in nearly every single product and services category
- Thousands of others
There are videos at http://www.GlobalCEOspace.com