Search SEARCH

What would you do to help restore the great American middle class in this country?

Growing inequality is hurting our spending power which in turn hurts our businesses because the middle class has no money to spend for them, how do you help us avoid the mistake so many other countries make by having the richest 1 percent have all the money and no middle class because the other 99 percent of the population is poor?

Asked By: BRH - 1/7/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
The all-out war on the middle-class in this country began when Reagan (or his handlers, since he had alzheimers) fired the Air Traffic Controllers Union (PATCO) in the 1980s, signaling to greed-driven CEOs nation-wide that they had the green light for getting rid of full-time workers with benefits and then hiring part-... More
Answered By: Armchair Goddess #1 - 1/7/2012
Additional Answers (6)
Reverse what generation outsource has done.
Answered By: Growth vs Oil - 1/7/2012
 
The first thing I'd do to restore this country is drop all of those snotty politicians salary down to minimum wage. And only after they did some good would they get a raise. They make ridiculously obscene amounts of money for doing nothing but pointing fingers at each other. Maybe if they had to work for their money... More
Answered By: siamvelvet72 - 1/7/2012
 
Plan B: 40 MPG “Now” would cut your oil consumption in half, your pollution in half... More
Source(s):
Answered By: Jacknewport - 1/7/2012
 
Start by following the money. Banks have it the middle class don't , business stresses and worries and they call themselves job creators to save money in the firm of tax shelters and loop holes. Close corporate tax loop holes and make then accountable to keep employed people employed before the CEO can make 1200... More
Answered By: themoreitcoststhebetteritis - 1/7/2012
 
to drill down to reality, you have to understand the causes of economic growth and the lack of them that America has exhibited since the early [by my reckoning] 1980s... More
Source(s):
Answered By: Spock (rhp) - 1/7/2012
 
Reinstate the High import tarrifs, increase taxes on companies then give tax breaks for each employee in the US.
Answered By: Jacara - 1/7/2012
 
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Jobs.Quick-com
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
www.JobDiagnosis.com
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
www.HiringLocally.com
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.
JobsToLatinos.com

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-202
eTrustLogo