Is there some type of organization to turn to if being mistreated by employer?

The poser in our office break room is for the NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) but they only handle labor disputes. I'm a single employee not in a labor, working many overtime hours for free or else being threatened getting fired and can't keep up with the long tiresome hours for no pay, don't know who to turn to, this is in Los Angles.

Asked By: Think about it - 3/2/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If you're reporting to work and not getting paid, that isn't a job. You're basically a slave. Now if you are getting paid, how does the company register your paying hours (not the OT hrs... More
Answered By: Misty B - 3/2/2012
Additional Answers (5)
The labor board also handles wages and hours worked
Answered By: Badge203 - 3/2/2012
Department of Labor.
Answered By: mark - 3/2/2012
California department of labor has a county office. start there
Answered By: wizjp - 3/2/2012
The Department of Labor will help you. You are not getting paid for hours worked, so, this IS Labor issue. Be very thorough in describing your situation to them. It does take time to see action though.
Answered By: c_harvey73 - 3/2/2012
Follow this link. It is how to file a wage claim in California.
Answered By: WRG - 3/2/2012
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-309