Can someone give me a resume example for an application for a college service crew/dining service application?
I'm 16, eligible to work in the u.s and all, and this job is for a local college's service crew in the dining area, the requirements to apply are an updated resume, a cover letter, and 3 references. help on the cover letter format would also be appreciated! Here's the job description on the website:DEFINITION:
The Service Crew for position performs jobs such as setting and resetting dining room tables, clearing tables, refilling water, and maintaining consistent and efficient unit specific service standards.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Removes plates and silverware when all guests have finished, following proper service standards.
• Maintains service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
• Performs all opening and closing side work as specified by manager.
• Expedites and runs food to wait person, or guests as needed.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be familiar with all menu items, their preparation and service procedure.
• Must be clean, smart and well presentable.
• Ability to read, understand and follow simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Ability to use the time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
• Ability to take direction from multiple managers, supervisor and employees.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Possess the ability to meet specific Dining uniform standards for this position.
• Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Dining guidelines including wearing a cut resistant glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
• Ability to follow all of Dining health and safety standards and requirements.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.
At the University’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Sorry if I submitted this in the wrong section, if so please send me to the correct one? Thanks (:
Asked By: Kate - 3/13/2012