Can I move/work in the states if my boyfriend is offered a job there?

My boyfriend is applying to several jobs in the states. We are both Canadians. If he is offered a job there, can I go with him? Would I be able to work there as well?? We are not trying to be american citizens. Just live there and work for a few years. You do not need to get married.

Asked By: helen - 9/23/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
no ..unless you have a required skill... More
Answered By: Frank - 9/23/2012
Additional Answers (3)
You will probably have to get married so he can apply for a VISA for you as he is your spouse. Other than that no they won't let you since being a girlfriend and a boyfriend is not as strong as a marriage.
Answered By: sil K - 9/23/2012
If you want a dependent visa - TD or H4, then you WILL have to get married first. There are no girlfriend visas. You can not work on a dependent visa. If you want to work, you will have to qualify for your own visa on your own merits - either TN or H1B.
Answered By: Lisa A - 9/23/2012
You are an unrelated party, so if your bf's employer was able to get him an employment visa, you do not qualify for any dependent visa. You are not coming to US with your bf. If you want to work in US, you must qualify for your own employment visa, find a job with an employer willing and able to apply for your... More
Answered By: ibu guru - 9/23/2012
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Up to $47/hr Part-Time Job Openings. Free Schedule, No Scam. Start Now
Drive Your Car - Make up to $600 Per Weekend. Work When You Want.
Click. Search. Apply. Free!

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-316