Is it possible to get a masters to work with JUST hard of hearing kids?

I'm currently a junior at a college in Maryland. My major was Deaf studies/ Elementary Ed....until I was told that the Deaf studies program does not certify me to work in a Deaf school when I graduate(you need your masters for that). SOOOO, what i've realized is that I'd rather teach kids who have cochlears, hearing aids etc, who are hard of hearing etc., (I'm hard of hearing myself, and yes I know this is pretty much going against everything I have learned about Deaf culture, however I think I would enjoy working with kids who are hard of hearing.) So now, I'm Special Education/ Elementary Education, until I go for my masters... my question is, Do I have to get my master in Deaf Education or are there other programs for people who want to work with kids who are hard of hearing. I've looked into McDaniel and they have a Deaf Education program but I don't know if that's exactly what I'm looking for...

Asked By: lily - 11/19/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Look at a master's program in speech and language pathology. You may need to spend a year as a non-degree seeking student to take any classes required for admission that you have not already taken and that year may need to be spent at one of the relatively few undergraduate college or university programs that offer... More
Answered By: ownpool - 11/19/2012
Additional Answers (0)
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Earn residual on products and services customers uses daily at home.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-203