How do I get emancipated in Michigan?

I am 16 years old and my family owns a medical marijuana business in Michigan. We are currently living in the building with no shower or oven and I am sleeping in the same bed as my mother. I have the option to go live with my father 3 hours away but I feel like that is not a good idea, he drinks a lot and is always busy. I currently have a job, but it doesn't pay much. I am looking into getting another job that pays more. I have a drivers license all I need is to buy a car, which my father said he would help with. I was just wondering what I would have to do to get emancipated. I have a friend who is 39 and she is looking to rent an apartment. I was thinking maybe I could split the rent with her. I'm not trying to grow up too fast, but I feel this is my best option for life. I also go to school online, so right now that is a huge advantage.

Asked By: Anon - 12/8/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Emancipation means that the court would grant you permission to live on your own and be responsible for your own bills and education and housing and food , etc... More
Answered By: Stuart - 12/8/2012
Additional Answers (1)
In Michigan you can become emancipated without your parents permission as long as they are not supporting you and you meet additional criteria of the emancipation statute... More
Answered By: George - 12/8/2012
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Work At Home Jobs Make $87/HR, Jobs Seen On TV. Jobs Hiring Now
Up to $47/hr Part-Time Job Openings. Free Schedule, No Scam. Start Now
International Jobs. Discover and Explore on! Jobs

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-203