Help; License in FL to become Medical lab technologist?

I was told with Bachelor's in biology and one year of training in a Hospital, I qualify for Medical Technolgoist. But This is what this woman told me: "Yes, you can come in with one year of work experience with your Bachelor degree. But, you cannot get the clinical lab experience, that AMT is looking for as employment at any of these states, you cannot seek work in the following licensure state; FL, TN, RI, HI, MT, NV, CA, NY, LA ND without enrolling in 12 month MT internship. Yes you can seek work outside of these states that I have listed. . " I do not understnad. Why can't I qualify with Bachelor's and a year of training???

Asked By: - 12/21/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Rasema quickly contact the hospital hr dept and certifying association/unions. I have friends and relatives that got royally screwed in this very field cause they keep changing the education needed and severely restricted education offerrings.. Its a friggin scam! Happy Labbing... More
Answered By: A - 12/21/2012
Additional Answers (1)
To obtain a lab technician license in Florida, you will need to demonstrate you have earned the minimum educational requirements, gained the required experience, passed a national certification exam, and successfully submit an application for the Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel license. In Florida, upon receiving... More
Answered By: Freefromdrama - 12/21/2012
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-309