Wow. I think right now you're feeling really overwhelmed. So that's probably why you're dreaming of a time in your life where you felt safe and free from worry. Too much stress is dangerous and can result in a lot of health problems including high blood pressure. I believe that your son is very proud of you. Children generally don't focus on how much you give them rather they are grateful for the time you spend with them, the things you sacrifice for them and the memories you make with them. A lot of children don't have their mother due to death, drugs or imprisonment. So trust me, your son is glad to have you around and appreciates all the wonderful things you've done for him despite the fact that money is a problem in your household. Love isn't based on money, finances, lack of bills or living in comfort. It can take the form of going to his games, helping him with his homework, going to ceremonies where he receives awards, listening to him as he talks about his day or helping him through an issue that he's struggling with. Your son loves you and I'm sure he’s glad that you're in his life. Now if you want to take a job at home, there are a few types you can try:
1. Create an internet blog. It's easy to create. Just go to google's home page and type in "how to create a blog" and it will show you how to do it. My sister does it and she gets companies to put ads on her site. She was paid quite a bit of money for those ads by the companies who made them. Internet blogs can be about anything. Ex: How to do hair, political issues, ways to save money, etc. Blogs can focus on anything that you're passionate about and can write a few paragraphs on that someone would be interested in reading.
2. Some companies hire customer service representatives to work from home and handle incoming or outgoing calls.
3. Content writers develop content for websites owned by Internet marketers, business owners, bloggers and other professionals. This content takes the form of articles, electronic books (e-books), online advertisements, online sales letters, email newsletters and blog posts.
5. As a child care provider you can stay home & take care of kids who are too young to go to school or older kids after they leave school. You may need to become certified or register with your state and take courses like CPR. You can also teach kids to read, write or help them with homework.
6. As a tutor you can charge between $10 and $18. You can go to an agency like Champion Learning or Academic Advantage or you can do it on your own by posting signs in your area or online.
Don't say that you have nothing to offer employers. Create a resume and list your skills, talents and gifts. And if you want more, you can take a few months' training to get a certificate in security, Microsoft Office, etc. There are a LOT of people who would hire you because as a full time mom, you DO have experience in: child care, patience, caring for the sick, cleaning, cooking, typing, keeping a diary (blog), etc.
Other jobs you can try that might allow you to spend time with your son / family at home are: home health aide, receptionist, personal assistant, daycare work, working in a nursing home, computer programming certificate, Quickbooks certificate (accounting on the computer), Tax preparer license or starting your own business. The certificates take around 5 months to get. Good luck and relax, your family's love isn't based on how much money you make. They love YOU.