How do I get income tax refunded?

I am 18 studying my last year A-levels and I currently have a job as a Healthcare Assistant within the NHS as a bank (calling in for hours) I have been attending my training (paid) and they deducted 40% of my wages towards income tax and NI which I know of. At the end of the month, they will return to me the rest of the 40% (I haven't reached to the point yet) If I don't earn more than £8000 a year, how will I get my tax back? Do I fill in a form or do they refund the money back at the end of the year automatically? Thanks

Asked By: - 1/4/2013
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Speak to HMRC. See their website.
Answered By: Fairfax - 1/4/2013
Additional Answers (2)
Deducting 40% is clearly an error. The people that made the error should deal with getting it refunded. Contact your tax office and see what tax code they have you listed as. If they have the wrong code for you get them to rectify the error and the refund should be forthcoming.
Answered By: STEPHEN - 1/4/2013
If you wait for them to do it automatically it might take years - they don't check every account annually, just work through them gradually. if you know you are due a refund, apply for it.
Answered By: Christopher - 1/4/2013
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Sobre 287 Trabajos en tu area. $15-87/hora - Aplica Ahora.

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-306