How do I work in Canada as an American citizen?

My boyfriend is currently living in New York and we are planning on moving in together. I am a Canadian citizen of British Columbia, and he is an American Citizen. We are wondering what steps we would need to take for him to be able to work here AND/OR go to school. What must we apply for so he can work AND/OR go to school here? How long of a process is it? How much does it usually cost to apply for said documents/requirements to work or go to school?

Asked By: - 1/21/2013
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Americans may visit Canada for up to 180 days each year. They may not attend school, work, or look for work as a visitor. Nor can they obtain driver's licenses, provincial health insurance, social insurance numbers, open bank accounts, etc... More
Answered By: bw022 - 1/21/2013
Additional Answers (4)
You get a work visa. Canada Immigration has a website.
Answered By: jaker - 1/21/2013
Answered By: Yirmiyahu - 1/21/2013
Answered By: Frank - 1/21/2013
If you marry and sponsor him, he may enter Canada as a Permanent Resident.
Answered By: thinkingtime - 1/22/2013
Sponsored results
Over 483 Local Jobs Now Hiring In Your Area. $18-$87/Hr - Apply Today!
Click. Search. Apply. Free!
Jobs hiring near your local area. Part-time, Full-time, Work at home.
Get Your Degree Online Sooner than You Think. Financial Aid Options

Other Career Questions

What is your current job? Why did you choose this job? What do you enjoy about your job? What do you dislike about your job? What would be your perfect job? Would you rather have this j...
3 answers - Asked By: drop pants not bombs!.♥ - 3/2/2010
Where are the jobs? Is productivity and globalization creating a permanent “recession” of jobs? My main issue is I am doing a paper for school and have no idea where to begin. I was hoping suggestions...
4 answers - Asked By: bayebd24【ツ】 - 11/21/2007
Hi ok im 19 and about to start college to do an acess course into a university. Ive been browsing through all the courses and im tottaly stuck! I thought politics but im scared ill end up with some r...
1 answers - Asked By: roseparkerly - 1/26/2009

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Articles

Best-Paying Work-from-Home Jobs Article Rating
It’s easier than ever to work from home. Of course, not every job is a mobile job, and some companies aren’t interested in having their employees work from home.
2013 Marketing Jobs Outlook Article Rating
The US may be facing another year of anemic hiring overall, but that won't be the case in the high-orbit world of multichannel, digital media marketing.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-310