physical therapy assistant job shadowing?

I'm 22 years old and recently decided that I want to go back to school. I've wanted to be a physical therapy assistant for a while now, but I would love to job shadow someone in the field before I jump into college for it just to make sure that's what I want to do. I know that they offer job shadowing in high school, but since I've graduated years ago I was just wondering what can I do to make sure that's the career for me? Can I call physical therapy offices and ask if I can job shadow one day? How can I go about making sure I'm right for the job?

Asked By: mandah2386 - 10/26/2009
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Yes, call a PT office and ask them if you may job shadow a therapist. Be sure to get your time documented, many PT schools require you complete this...I'm just not sure about PTA school.
Answered By: mistify - 10/27/2009
Additional Answers (1)
Evaluating a career is one of the most vital choices you can make in your lifetime. My son needed guidance with his career options recently, so he found the site in the box below, which has some sensible tips and tricks on career decision-making. It really did the trick for him because he now understands perfectly what... More
Answered By: Cara - 10/26/2009
Sponsored results
Up to $47/hr Part-Time Job Openings. Free Schedule, No Scam. Start Now
Administrative Positions Open. Hiring Now - Apply Today!
Assistant Jobs Available. Up To $17-78/Hr - Apply Now
100's of Airport Job Openings - Security, Counter, Crew Jobs & More

Other Career Questions

1 answers - Asked By: - 9/22/2011
I'm considering going to school for this, so if you have ever worked as one cab you please give me some information, anything, what a normal day of work is like, pay, are you happy with your job ,etc....
1 answers - Asked By: Bretta - 5/23/2013
Which is a better career for a 25 year old male to get into? I've been working as a plumber for the last 6 years and am about to lose my job and am getting tired of plumbing anyway. I need something t...
1 answers - Asked By: scotty103 - 4/12/2012

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Physical Therapy Assistant Articles

Healthcare Career Advice Article Rating
Browse our healthcare advice articles to learn about the field’s many career options, plus get job-hunting tips, career-planning insights and more.
Healthcare Jobs Article Rating
With billions of stimulus dollars slated to be invested in healthcare, demand for healthcare specialists should heat up. Learn about the opportunities.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-318