What is the difference between Counseling Psychologist and a Clinical Psychologist?

After I'm done with college, in general a two year college and I want to be a counseling psychologist, after the two years what do I do? Do I go to a four year university? And after the four year university, do I have to get into a counseling psychologist program? How many years does this career takes?

Asked By: HeyHey ! - 8/2/2012
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Ok... More
Answered By: SJ - 8/2/2012
Additional Answers (3)
Usually and this can vary Counselling Psychologist do brief talk therapy... More
Answered By: Mars Mission - 8/2/2012
well the 2 year college i'm not sure why you're doing that. but yeah you should transfer to a 4 year college. then you will need at least a masters degree, or a doctorate - ph.d or psy.d. but you can do pretty well with masters of social work. or sometimes just a general "counseling" program. clinical would definitely... More
Answered By: Chiron Babe - 8/2/2012
Yes you need to go to a 4 yr uni and major in psychology. You should only take 2 years to finish additional coursework to complete the requirements for a BA (or BS) in Psych. If you plan on going to graduate school, that's where you make the choice b/t counseling & clinical. It's kind of hard to get anything with a MA... More
Answered By: sadiya jaan - 8/2/2012
Sponsored results
Compare Colleges with Counseling Degree Programs Online. Free Info.
6 Positions Available. Paid Weekly BuzzCareer Has The Jobs.
Search Psychologist Job Opportunities Near You & Apply Online.
View Counseling Jobs; Get Answers Now on! Jobs

Other Career Questions

I'm very young, barely in high school, but I still always think about what I want to be. For as long as I can remember, I've always dreamed of helping people deal with emotional issues (i.e. depressio...
3 answers - Asked By: - 6/15/2011
Im looking into doing a course on Counselling, something very different to what i'm doing at present. I'm just looking for some info of how to go about it, i.e. what courses/qualifications/experience ...
2 answers - Asked By: Laura XxX - 9/22/2008
I am interested in a career in psychology. I am not interested in research or teaching. I am interested in dealing with acute cases of mental illness and/or addiction. I have been exposed to a lot ...
2 answers - Asked By: dan - 10/17/2011

Content is not owned or controlled by Monster. Any content concerns should be addressed with Yahoo!
Yahoo! Does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Yahoo! Disclaimer.

Popular Counseling Psychologist Articles

Manage Your Attitude Article Rating
Is your outlook preventing you from succeeding? Jump-start your mind-set with optimism using this advice.
Use Your Current Job to Move Up Article Rating
No matter where you are in your career, you can leverage your current position as a stepping-stone to advancement. Here’s how.
For Employers: Post Jobs | Search Resumes | Advertise
About Monster | Work for Monster | Advertise with Us | AdChoices | Partner with Us | Investor Relations | Social Media
Terms of Use | Privacy Center | Accessibility Center | Help | Security | Contact Us | Sitemap | Mobile
©2014 Monster - All Rights Reserved U.S. Patents No. 5,832,497; 7,599,930 B1; 7,827,125 and 7,836,060 MWW - Looking for Monster Cable? - V: 2014.1.40.24-208