I'm writing my CV, and I'm just not sure what the job title which I held is called.
I was in a printing factory full of other women doing the same job as myself. We had to put items, for example, leaflets and packs, into envelops and then pile them into sacks to then be put into a crate which was then taken to the post office in order to be sent out to people.
What would this be classified as?
Hello everyone. I am here to try to get a little more information about the USAF. I am 25, Female, 2 children, and currently enrolled in school for my Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice. I am looking to join the military and my first choice is USAF. The reason being is because in 2006 I was married to a soldier who was in the Army and it amazed me. Sure I hated a lot of things about it but I also loved a lot of things about it and it made me want to join. The pride you have, the strength, the education, and the life long opportunity to grow is what I am looking for!!! So I was not ready at the time and it has taken me years to think about it. I am looking to join in the next 2 years or so. My daughter is very young so I am not wanting to leave her as of right now. I need some questions answered by real soldiers. So here they are.
1. What is the best USAF career? I am looking into cyber security because of my degree option or air traffic control because I have read that is a very awesome and rewarding career in the USAF. What do you think? How much training/education is involved in both AND can you go into these right after you are out of basic? Or do you have to start lower and climb up to these specific positions?
2. I know that I will be deployed, I am not whining and saying I don't want to go, however is the USAF like the Army? Deployments of 12 months or longer? Which USAF career that I have chosen or maybe could look into has the shortest deployment time? (Please do not talk trash to me because I asked this question. No one in their right mind wants to be deployed for 12 months.)
3. What about the ASVAB? Is there any way I can get practice in for it? Also is there any way of me knowing how the scores are conducted? Or what the scores need to be in order for me to get the career I want? Yes I already know that careers are not guaranteed, again I am just wondering.
4. Does the USAF pay on already acquired school loans or does it just help pay with the school loans you acquire while enlisted?
5. What about becoming an officer? I will have my Bachelor degree next year. Are there certain requirements? Does the degree have to be specialized in a certain area? For example, if I want to become an officer as an air traffic controller, will they take my degree even though it is in criminal justice? (I am not sure how this all works, so correct me if I am wrong.)
6. My ex husband was in the Army so is there anything different? PT? Housing? Schools?
7. How about the medical facilities? I hated the military doctors/students on the base I was living on because for 2 years they told me I had severe acid reflux but when I came back to my hometown, my gallbladder was so infected I had to have emergency surgery and I had gallstones the size of softballs. So you can see my concern.
8. How long are the enlistment periods? Shortest? Longest? And how fast can you move up in rank, if it's called rank in the USAF?
9. Can you ever change your AFSC?
Well I think those are all the questions I have for now. Thanks so much for answering!!!
Not sure what TIS, TIG or EPR means, sorry but I think I get what you mean. And another thing what about moving. Will they help my family move when ready to go to a base? And do I get to put in a preference for the base I would like to live on or do they just send you wherever? Thanks!